Xevos, Toy Review w/ pics

NERV

I was in TRU the other day looking to see if they got Silverstreak in yet. Disappointed that they had not, I proceeded to look about their stock to see if there was anything else worth getting. The package caught my eye because the figure had a striking ressemblance to a Terran Ghost from the PC game Starcraft. There were others such as a robot, a skeleton, a werewolf-like thing, a fire entity, a ninja, and a large insect. I recalled a commercial for these figures I saw in which they looked to be engineered very similarly to Stikfas. Upon closer inspection I found that these aren't just similar to Stikfas; they are Stikfas. While there is no Stikfas name on them, the copyright/patent info says Stikfas. The Stikfas name sealed the deal. I got it home and assembled it to find that the base structure is almost identical to the G1 Stikfas body.

Edit: Oops, I just noticed a big Stikfas logo on the package. Leave it to me to find the name in the fine print and not notice the big logo! :p

Size: At just over 5.5 inches tall, this is significantly larger than Stikfas.

Sculpt: Unlike Stikfas this actually has a sculpt. The feet have tread, there is more body definition and there is armor sculpted into the lower arm. The rest of the armor is detachable pieces. There are 3 heads; A sniper scope, a plain head, and a small baby head (idk). I only use the sniper head because the whole reason I bought it was cause it looked like the Ghost. The chest armor has an odd shape; from the side, it looks like it is peeling itself off the guy's chest. Anything besides a profile view looks fine though.

Paint: An overall excellent paint job. No overspray, no chipping, the paint finish matches the plastic well. A few areas were the paint isn't exactly on the line but unless your are scrutinizing the figure, is is not even noticable.

Accessories: It comes with less accessories than a Stikfa but still a good amount. 3 Heads, Backpack armor, Chest armor, Shoulder armor, Knee armor, Pulse rifle (big sniper rifle), Machine gun, Pistol, Bayonette/Knife, Brass knuckles, Faxible arm to connect the pulse rifle to the backpack.

Poseability: The poseability is better than the G1 Stikfas on account of an improved foot joint that allows much easier wide stance poses. The joint is at an angle and on a longer post so the leg doesn't interfere when flexing the foot inward. The joint does look a bit odd but it's worth it. The rest of the body poses exactly the same except that when the shoulder armor and backpack are on it limits the shoulders a little bit.

Joints: All the joints are very tight, they stay where you put 'em.

Value: Retailing for a dollar cheaper than a Stikfa, these are an excellent value.

Downsides: The stickers that it comes with are a very high gloss and dont go well with the plastic/paint. For certain poses, the connector arm for the pulse rifle/backpack can just get in the way and pop out; I don't use the arm unless i want a pose with the rifle being stored on the back. I wouldve liked if the arms were a tad longer or if the chest armor was closer to the torso because it can interfere with holding the weapons two-handed. However, if you just manipulate the arms the right way you can still work out almost any pose you can think of.

Overall: 8.75 It wouldve been a 9 if the chest plate had a better sculpt and the connector arm was somehow designed better but I can't think of any way it could be without making it unable to hold up the gun.

I highly recommend this to anyone who loves Stikfas or superposeable toys in general. I'm planning to pick up another one in the next few days.

And now the pics:

post-26-1081968480_thumb.jpg

Edited by NERV

BTW:

1, Unlike Stikfas, these guys dont come on a parts tree, just open and assemble. :)

2, Apparently you can play some sort of battling dice game with these. I'm sure nobody caresm it's just an added gimmick for little kids, just thought I'd mention it.

So they can be posed? That's nice to know, the commercial made them look like lame statues with exchangeable parts. <_<

personally i wouldnt even bother with any exchanging unless the figures are similar color and style, one of their suggested combinations took the robot and the fire entity and made wut looks like a robot on fire

It looks like some kind of Robocop :p

How does the robot version looks like?

the robot one looks pretty good, i didnt get it cuz it cost more because it come with firing missles, i wundt even use the missle arm because it think it looks tacky, it ihnk it comes with like 4 or 5 different arms

2, Apparently you can play some sort of battling dice game with these. I'm sure nobody caresm it's just an added gimmick for little kids, just thought I'd mention it.

To be honest, this is the only reason I was remotely interested in these figures. I didn't care for the designs in the Shadowrun action figure game and the ZG action figure game was just lame looking. Unfortunately, the game element is rather lacking.

As for the toys themselves, they aren't bad, but I prefer Stikfas myself, just for the greater customization options.

To be honest, this is the only reason I was remotely interested in these figures. I didn't care for the designs in the Shadowrun action figure game and the ZG action figure game was just lame looking. Unfortunately, the game element is rather lacking.

As for the toys themselves, they aren't bad, but I prefer Stikfas myself, just for the greater customization options.

yea i got the chinese monk stikfa with the G2 body, the new poseability is awesome, i can believe that they didnt include a staff with those rings on it like miroku in inuyasha has, i gave it the staff from the mandor gundam MSIA

Seems like Hasbro is competing with the Lego Bionicle line. IMPO the Xevos look better than their ball jointed brethern, especially the Biomecha and Soldier. I don't own any of the toys (yet :ph34r: ) but gotta quick glimpse here.