TV Roy for 1/48

cambodian tire

hey i'm new here's my partialy finished (want some 1/48 photo etched parts for intrument panels) cockpit . Also the paint on the helmet is always a little soft , it's painted on rubber so i damaged the paint job removeing him many times. well here it is.......if you squint i mean really squint , no , more , more , eyes almost closed ....that's it ! It looks prety good.

post-4-1081701537_thumb.jpg

hey i think it looks good, one thing though, with that chin thing in place, i think he's supposed to have the blue "space" sheild down over his face.

minor quib though, i like it. roy was always cooler in his tv dark suit than the dyrl suit.

I haven't had the time to finish this , I wouldn't call it an accurate custom because it's a "J" with roy colors , I was trying to keep with the squadron theme (12 planes) but gave it a different modex other than Comander Air Group's 200 or 100 hence the 101 . So it's a totaly inaccurate repaint to any story line ....still need to weather it .and more . I carved off the plastic post that held the clear green visor and backed it with chrome mylar I'm going to try and attach a couple of pictures at once....I'm pretty online/typing/computer challenged. see ya for now.

post-4-1081704062_thumb.jpg

First off Thanks ever so much for the compliments ! Ive been admiring your guys' work for quite some time I just finaly started an acount. As for the recasting the seat is available in the monogram F-1 Voodoo kit if somebody wants it right away. As for recasting the pilot i would provided I have enough time & there's enough interest. To answer Incredible Jungs question, the valk is actualy a repaint , not a "re-head" so i got most of the things I wanted in one purchase - off white , extra hands and a Roy paint job

Looks great... I actually like the Skull 1J look, despite its non-canon-ness... it seems a likely fit for Macross, just something we never actually "saw" in the TV show. ;)

Especially good work on the pilot fig... I dig the skin color and face work... I had to look up at my 1/48's to realize how tiny those pilots really are. Great work.