megaroad-01 pics

dedalus001

all i've seen of the megaroad is its images in FB2012 and its lineart which is shown all over the internet. i was wondering if there were any other more informative pics, if so, please be so nice as to scan/post them. i want to see more of this colony//fortress.

This was the only thread I could find (within the last 90 days) with Megaroad in the title.

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...479&hl=megaroad

Someone also posted a great site for Megaroad pics.

http://www.steelfalcon.com/Macross/megaroad.shtml

That's my Megaroad discussion thread. We were trying to decipher if those are ARMDs on the sides (Or an advanced form of them) and the overall scale of the ship.

How did this die? Oh, right, I asked a question and nobody answered.

Edited by Boxer

That's my Megaroad discussion thread. We were trying to decipher if those are ARMDs on the sides (Or an advanced form of them) and the overall scale of the ship.

How did this die? Oh, right, I asked a question and nobody answered.

lol they're not ARMDs. but they are some sort of carrier.god the megaroad vessels were oddly designed. weld a bunch of big things together and throw a glass bubble in.

In my discussion I forwarded my beleif that they are a form of Carrier between the ARMDs and Guantanamo stealth carriers seen in Plus. They were either a rejected design modified for use in the Megaroad class or something other.

I doubt they are actual ARMD class ships, but the fact that they are so completely differnt from the rest of the Meagroad's hull sugests that they are seperate ships and not integral structures. I still haven't seen anyone come up with a convincing argument for why anyone would go through the trouble of making those parts look like seperate ships (complete with seperate bridges and reverse thrusters), instead of building them directly into the hull.

I doubt they are actual ARMD class ships, but the fact that they are so completely differnt from the rest of the Meagroad's hull sugests that they are seperate ships and not integral structures. I still haven't seen anyone come up with a convincing argument for why anyone would go through the trouble of making those parts look like seperate ships (complete with seperate bridges and reverse thrusters), instead of building them directly into the hull.

well, the megaroad was solely built for colonization purposes, and the main structure was built solely to house the city, so i guess the mystery ships were fused with the main structure for the sole purpose of ship defense, etc. its kind of like the military ship in macross 7 in the fleet...

but what is interesting is that in the original design of the sdf-2 you see ARMDs connected to the hull dyrl style.

• 2 weeks later...