Hey look, Kawamori received an award

VF5SS

This is what babelfish says:

"??????" was supported ????? of Dolby digital 5.1ch and the animation of 2D and the image expression which makes 3DCG fuse without strange feeling.

I'm guessing it's for excellence in sound, as well as blending cel-shaded animation and 3D animtation.

Edited by the white drew carey

According to http://www.excite.co.jp/world/english/web/ (and some interpretation by me) Macross Zero shared the Best Picture award with The Animatrix in the OVA category. The stuff about surround sound and combination of 2D and 3D animation are basically just points in its favor--from my reading of the machine translation, anyway.

For theatrical releases, Tokyo Godfathers shared the Best Picture award with (ahem) "summer of eggplant Andalusia". Looks like "Africa a.F.r.l.c.A" won some kind of "general invitation award" while Gundam Seed won Grand Prix animation of the year.

Not sure about that eggplant one. I'm sure someone else will provide a better translation. I've noticed that Max Sterling's name often comes through as "Maximilian G. Eggplant" when it goes through a translatior.

Edit: Ah, it must be "Nasu: Summer in Andalusia". This page explains that "Nasu" means "eggplant".

Edited by ewilen

OT: where can i get the windows files to give me other language fonts so i can view those types of pages and see japanise letters instead of giberish?

using windows 98 or later and IE... goto Windows Update and install the Language packs you want, then reboot... when you view a website, if it does not automatically select the language... go to "View" >> "Encoding" >> (then select the language you think it is).

now the language packs are not 100% foolproof, they help about 90% of the time... and don't work on flash/macromedia pages/animation (IIRC)