OT: Mospeada Cylone

I'm looking for some information about the large Mospeada cyclones.

Here's a link: Link

Basically, I'm looking for the following:

When were they made?

I've only seen the Stig (Stik) figure, are the Red and Blue variants too?

What's a good price for these things?

This thing is really starting to grow on me... I'm thinking its really cool.

Any info you got is greatly appreciated - thanks!

The Cyclone was made in the early 1980s when real robot design was really taking off.

The toy is one of my favorite anime based toys period. Considering when it was made I marvel at the engineering that went into this toy. (Course I also marvel at the fact that even with the over the top design they couldn't get poor stick to sit properly on his hog. D'oh!)

To the best of my knowledge there are 2 variants; the original Japanese version with firing missiles and really classy packaging and the robotech version with non-firing missiles and gaudy robotech packaging.

They only made stick into a large scale toy. If you want the other two your gonna have to nab the really small, and really really crappy version.

Edited by GobotFool

Cool - thanks for the info... any idea on what fair price is? The only one that shows up on eBays completed items search went for $202 MIB.

Is that about right? I'm not seeing too many of these guys, so I'm guessing they are somewhat hard to find.

They are not super rare, but they are in high demand and people once getting ahold of one often don't want to let go.

You'll probably see at least one or 2 in decent condition pop up on ebay once a month.

Yup... I have 2 of these, one from my childhood, and one bought a few years back on eBay, MIB, for $50 bucks.

The mechanisms of the Cyclone's transformation are incredibly advanced and among the best toy transformations made to this day, IMHO.

The only area where the toy sorta fall flat is the limited articulation of the Stig figure. They've come a long, long way with articulated action figures since then. It's like GobotFool says, Stig can't sit properly on his iron horse, due to his crappy limited hip and leg movement joints.

But man, it's a fantastic toy in every other way.

Cool - its been intriguing me now for a while... I've been thinking about getting one... must... resist... urge.... :D

I'll probably just give in like usual

GIVE IN TO THE DARK SIDE!!! IT IS YOUR DESTINY TO OWN A CYCLONE! JOIN THE MINIONS OF MOSPEADA MECHA FANS!

I bought the same Mospeada ride armor back in 1996 for $25us. The box is a bit thrashed (like c-4, c-3) there's a missing guide-pin to swivel the rear wheel for transformation plus an unused decal sheet that's c-9. Does anybody make repros of the Mospeada box?