current going price for Bandai JM 1S

Stampeed Valkyrie

I am going through all my stuff and I have come across a Bandai Joke Machine VF-1S. Boxed with everything as close to mint as possible except its missing the little minmay figure that I guess it was supposed to come with. I havent seen a JM on ebay lately...but then again its not like I look real hard :). Whats the going price on these currently?

Rob :ph34r:

Here's an ongoing auction.

Ebay

that's the 1a. There's a difference in prices between the JM 1a and the JM 1s. 1a's are more rare than the 1s's because they weren't issued here in the states as the 1s and 1j's were.

Stampeed Valkyrie, to answer your question, the prices of these guys fluctuate depending on the demand. Highest I've seen one go for in a japanese box was 180 and 140 for the matchbox version. But that was like a year and a half ago. Now, prices are down to half that amount. Lately though I've noticed that prices have been going up a little. So depending on the condition and how complete it is, it can fetch between 30 to 90, maybe even a 100.

:p:D:lol:

From what I have been seeing lately the more common Joke Machines (IE the Max. Millia, and Roy) are dropping dramtically in price. I have seen a few loose ones go for around $20.

IMO for a Bandai Vf-1S with box and all accessories (assuming minty) I think you could still expect to get at least $75 for it. (although I would be surprised if it broke the $100 mark).

I've gotten 3 loose Joke machines in the last year for under $25. Price is definitely bottomed out on the 1J'sand 1S's. The 1A's seem to fetch a good amount though. I suspect Rohby's awsome recasts caused this. Heck I bought 5 of them!. I'm so glad he did it. Now I have a Joke machine squadron in the works. Need more people recasting old stuff like these.

sorry, something a bit off-topic..

but does anyone know if BANDAI has plans to re-issue the Joke Machines?

No one ever knows what Bandai is planning.

But when the question is about Macross items, the answer is almost always, "nothing." :(