asking for ALPS PRINTER

柿崎速雄

ALPS stopped making the printers several years ago. You can try eBay, but know that the printer you recieve may or may not work. And that's after spending $300-500 for it. Because they are so expensive and rare, most people don't sell an ALPS printer unless there is something wrong with it. It might require repairs and there's only one facility that will do the work. It's in California and they charge a flat fee of $350. They are substantial investments. Trust me, I know. I'm on my third one. :angry:

Edited by Anasazi37

THX Devin~! but I found that japan have a model MD-5500(is that a new model replace the MD-5000?)

still on sale, 52290 yen , cheaper than MD-5000

here is the link:

http://www.alps.co.jp/brand/printer/md5500/

ha ha , after hear what you say , I know this product really made you mad~ :p

I also know that this printer is very difficult and expensive to

find a technical support :(

but I still want to get one..... making my own sticker are fantastic!

I want being like you~!

Edited by 柿崎速雄

THX Devin~! but I found that japan have a model MD-5500(is that a new model replace the MD-5000?)

still on sale, 52290 yen , cheaper than MD-5000

here is the link:

http://www.alps.co.jp/brand/printer/md5500/

ha ha , after hear what you say , I know this product really made you mad~ :p

I also know that this printer is very difficult and expensive to

find a technical support  :(

but I still want to get one..... making my own sticker are fantastic!

I want being  like you~!

I remembered after my last post that ALPS was still making printers, just not in the US. For the past few years the printers have been selling under the OKI name brand for some strange reason. I guess ALPS is putting their name on them again. Interesting. That is a good price. I hope you can find one. You'll go through a lot of ink cartridges pretty quickly, so I'd stock up on those, too.

I'd suggest asking Japan-based MW members to grab one for you. Speaking of which, anyone in Japan willing to buy one for me and ship it stateside? :D Despite the fact that it won't be supported by ALPS here, and the cartridges will be hard to get, it might just be worth it.

Edited by Anasazi37

I remembered after my last post that ALPS was still making printers, just not in the US. For the past few years the printers have been selling under the OKI name brand for some strange reason. I guess ALPS is putting their name on them again. Interesting. That is a good price. I hope you can find one. You'll go through a lot of ink cartridges pretty quickly, so I'd stock up on those, too.

I'd suggest asking Japan-based MW members to grab one for you. Speaking of which, anyone in Japan willing to buy one for me and ship it stateside? :D Despite the fact that it won't be supported by ALPS here, and the cartridges will be hard to get, it might just be worth it.

ME TOO ~! any japanese based member here can help me ?

:)

ALPS stopped making the printers several years ago. You can try eBay, but know that the printer you recieve may or may not work. And that's after spending $300-500 for it. Because they are so expensive and rare, most people don't sell an ALPS printer unless there is something wrong with it. It might require repairs and there's only one facility that will do the work. It's in California and they charge a flat fee of $350. They are substantial investments. Trust me, I know. I'm on my third one. :angry:

EGADS! several years ago I used to sell the MD-5000!?! didn't realize ALPS stopped selling/making them, now I wish I had bought one. :(

Ha ha 柿崎速雄 brother, I am from HK too! I've been trying to buy a ALPS printer in HK but as you said it's really difficult to get one. I have even tried to ask some small printing shops to make custom decal for me and thought about asking my friends in Japan to get the printer for me, but honestly speaking making custom decals is not as easy as most people think (believe me, I've spent over a month in doing that but the result of my decals is really far from "acceptable"...)

I guess after you've gone through some of the steps in making a custom decal for yourself, you will start to appreciate Anasazi37's work even more....

My friend lives in Japan and I can ask him to procure those printers for you guys. I need to ask him if he is willing to do this. You will probably need to pay him a service fee and the shipping. Let me know.

Any idea how much that thing weighs? It might kill you guys on shipping if its a lot.

Actually come to think of it, Rob aka Monkey N could help you guys out. He is there already and is a fellow MW. PM him about it.

My friend lives in Japan and I can ask him to procure those printers for you guys. I need to ask him if he is willing to do this. You will probably need to pay him a service fee and the shipping. Let me know.

Any idea how much that thing weighs? It might kill you guys on shipping if its a lot.

Actually come to think of it, Rob aka Monkey N could help you guys out. He is there already and is a fellow MW. PM him about it.

many thanks Neova~!

let me collect all the imformation about the printer first~!