Quick Question - about TRU reissue Optimus Prime

Thanks for looking, and possibly helping. :)

I just sold a TRU reissue Optimus Prime to someone on eBay. It was sealed and never opened. All I know is that it had shortstacks, which is why I never opened it. I never noticed until after I bought it (this was before I started going to forums and hearing about stuff like that before an item came out).

Anyways, everything was cool until he emailed me to tell me that there were no instructions included and the launcher that is supposed to launch Roller doesn't work. Having never opened it, I don't know if instructions were EVER included or if the launcher EVER worked. This is after all from a company that continually chops Prime's stacks for whatever the reason. And I know that launching/spring actions have always been a touchy subject, so it's conceivable to me that they disabled it. I also don't own any of the other TRU Transformer reissues to see what Hasbro has been doing regarding instructions and launching parts.

I'm an honest seller and he seems like an honest buyer. I put in my auction 'all sales final', but I feel bad for the guy because I honestly have no idea. Who knows, maybe I picked up a Prime with these problems and to his bad luck, he won my auction.

So here is my question: did the TRU Optimus Prime reissue come with instructions and did the launcher ever launch?

Any answers are appreciated. :)

Thanks again!

(And apologies in advance is this is in the wrong forum. I didn't think it was really an ebay/auction question as much as a toy question.)

IIRC Rollers launcher was neutered(no springs) so none of them launch like the old ones. As for instructions...can't help you there. I gave away the MISB one I had as a present. Just have him go to Hasbro's customer service site. For something this small and trivial they'll send it for free to him.

Just opened mine for the first time and took a look...

There are some decals taped to the back of the inner tray in a plastic envelope. The "instructions" are also in the same envelope, it's a combination of decal placement guide and transformation instructions.

It should be behind the decals in the same plastic envelope. Other than that - nada.

Just opened mine for the first time and took a look...

There are some decals taped to the back of the inner tray in a plastic envelope. The "instructions" are also in the same envelope, it's a combination of decal placement guide and transformation instructions.

It should be behind the decals in the same plastic envelope. Other than that - nada.

Much appreciated. Thanks Blaine23! :)