What's the difference?

insyir4h

Hi. I'm kinda new to this post but I'd be glad if you guys could help me out. I was thinking of purchasing one of the Hasegawa's 1/72 VF fighter kits, but I found out that there are two version of those : the normal ones and the clear plastic versions. What are the differences between those two? And which is better? Any help appreciated. THanks.

If I decided to purchase the clear version, will there be a problem if I decided to paint it? Or is that version unsuitable for painting?

You wont have problems painting it. It is just clear polyestirene in blue red or green AFAIK (there was a limited ed. colorless clear VF-1S that was only sold in some exhibition)

I started building a blue one, even making some interior details. The plan was to paint just half of it in Max colors, revealing details in the left wing, left engine, cockpit, radar and chest, following the three or four available X-ray vision diagrams from the VF-1 available (battroid, gerwalk, fighter and strike fighter). I' planning to continue with this project since it was fun figuring out what to use for representing the different internal components, but I had to stop it since other modeling projects needed more attention.

Just a few ideas I have about the interior parts:

For the wing structure: there is no place there to put any part but the structure can be painted from the inside even adding some 3d effect.

For the engine I used a modified Star Wars ep1 racer engine from a Micromachines set as well for the radar parts.

For the internal frame (chest, cockpit, legs): I used evergreen plastic stripes and even plastic cofee stirrers!! Hint: I used a white VF chest as a template to glue the plastic stripes and the intake so it would fit into the transparent part.

The cockpit: just paint the seat and one side of the bath tub.

Enjoy!!

I never liked the clear versions unless I was going to do a build like Gerwalker. Why would you want a pink or green valk? The canopy will be that color too if you decide to paint it remember.

I hope you're an advanced modeller as well because there's no sanding and getting rid of seem lines either.

I never liked the clear versions unless I was going to do a build like Gerwalker. Why would you want a pink or green valk? The canopy will be that color too if you decide to paint it remember.

I hope you're an advanced modeller as well because there's no sanding and getting rid of seem lines either.

The canopy in the clear kits is just clear, not colored, that's good!!

As for pics of the parts: next week I return home and will post some, nothing really great but if inspire someone to build the interiors I would be glad. :D