Need some help from some of the vets :)

Unbeheld

Hi, i'm new to this board but have been a long time Macross fan :)

I just need some help, recently i've had a nostalgia of macross and would like to start up my own collection. I have to admit it has been a long time, the only series i saw was the original TV version released here in N America. Whenever i do a web search on it, i get sooo many different release and version i just get totally confused.

So if someone could help me with the actual chronological chart of the series so i don't get confused which is what :) From what i read my guess is Macross Zero is the latest one to come out and is a prequel to the original. Help me out with all these series plz :D

Welcome to the MW Forums Unbeheld. There's no better place on the internet to learn about everything that is MAKUROSU (thanks to the Sith Lords of course).

Make sure to check out the pinned topics at the top of EACH sub forum. They're a cavalcade of helpful information that someone new to MAKUROSU needs. :D

Chronologically speaking the Macross timeline goes Macross Zero -> SDF: Macross -> Macross: DYRL/Flashback 2012 -> Macross Plus -> Macross 7 and the alternate universe series Macross II: Lovers again.

If you really want to go into depth you should check out the Macross Compendium.

I hope this helps.