Any other cool mecha toys out there?

DARTHTODD

Hi, just wondering if you people have any suggestions for any other cool mecha toys other than Macross, Gundam, Armored Core, Front Mission, & Transformers. This is probably a dumb question as my wallet probably wouldn't be able to keep up with another line to collect...but I was just curious.

Hi, just wondering if you people have any suggestions for any other cool mecha toys other than Macross, Gundam, Armored Core, Front Mission, & Transformers. This is probably a dumb question as my wallet probably wouldn't be able to keep up with another line to collect...but I was just curious.

I don't know who easy they are to come by (ebay), but the Virtual On figures are pretty nice. I've got a few gripes with the paint jobs, but nothing to really crap over.

vintage...

voltron/lionbot

battletech

various spawn figs from various series... manga series 7 was cool.- I'm bias :rolleyes:

for fun just do a search on ebay for "robot" and see what comes up :lol:

I saw a pretty cool robotic boxing kangaroo once upon a time :rolleyes:

The Brave series toys (also many are made by Takara just as are the Transformers) have some pretty cool toys...particularly from the last brave series show 'King of Braves Gao Gai Gar' (Gao Gai Gar or sometimes gaogaigar for short)...Zoids arn't bad either...really it depends on your taste and just what you are looking for in a toy, as even old classics like Microman have new toys being released for them (as well as re-released)

some others:

Machine Robo (which included figures from the old American Gobots line)

Kamen Rider Faiz (prolly spelled that wrong...has some transformable motorcycles and such)

course any of the Super Sentei shows (which form the Power Rangers)

Votoms, and other classic lines/shows getting the new and improved treatment...guess you could put SF3D in this catagory as well (I never know what to call it now :p...I only knew it by the old SF3D name...some of you know what this is...the eggish shaped cammo painted power armor and old Nitto model line that has seen some renewed intrest/publicity of late with new collectable toys like the "snake eyes" stuff)...there is tons of stuff really, just head over to Hobby Link Japan ( www.hlj.com ) and start looking around to get an idea of what is out there :D

Medicom released a line of Koubu Kai Miracle Action Figures from Sakura Wars 2. They are the most articulated and gimmick-packed (light-up and movable eyes, electronic sound chip) renditions of the spirit armors from Sakura Wars, and reasonably priced (¥3,980 yen MSRP). Too bad the line did not continue with the other chapters from the franchise.