Macross streaming on Disney+ (under the "Star" label; Star/Hulu of D+)

9 hours ago, Beko Pharm said:

Care to elaborate? Feel free to dm. Just asking because I find myself currently in a re-watch (and dead gods this aged badly).

Since I don't watch dubs, it didn't occur to me until I saw Big s's post... Zethus is probably referring to the way Netflix picked up the Neon Genesis Evangelion license years after it was abandoned following the collapse od ADV Films, and/or the new translation and dub they produced for it that fan consensus seems to hold is vastly inferior to the one done under ADV Films.

So I guess the answer in the first part would be yes... it's similar to how Netflix picked up the Evangelion license.

In the second part, not so much.  It's already been confirmed that Macross II, at the very least, is going to be released with its original English dub in addition to subtitled Japanese, and presumably that'll be what Disney+ uses as well.  It wouldn't make sense to do a clean translation of the OVA for the home video release and have the streaming service do a different clean translation at the same time.