Macross Echo - A Story and Concept Thread

TG Remix

MacrossEchoLogo.png.26d3ce5276cd3a9f4653c1f77c820cb6.png

When I got completely into the franchise back in 2021, I always thought of what kind of story I'd want to tell in the universe I grew to love, and with the announcement of a new series and waiting for more details on it, I thought it'd make for a good time to work on the fanfiction I've been developing since then.

This story takes place in 2056, mainly on Planet Yotun on the Ymir Star System, one colonized by humanized Zentradi. It follows the young and old pilots from the 6th Marine Batallion, a unit belonging to the NUNS Reserve service, one the main one being Cadi, half-human and Zentran who finds himself juggling his life as a construction worker and a Variable Attacker pilot. Even with the colony no longer on the constant watch from the central NUN government, they like any other colony have their conflicts, the most recent one being the increasing amount of pirate raids in the Star System. The local forces are sent to stop them, but before they realize what they got themselves into, this all leads to a conspiracy plot, that'd have to force Jotun to fight for their autonomy once again.

Appreciating and loving the detail that went to Eden, Ragna, and Windemere before it, I always wanted to expand on the different kinds of colony worlds that existed all over the galaxy. But like any other Macross story, it'll still have its flying action, love triangles, and all of that good stuff. Before I can share some of the characters involved, here's some concepts I've been working on as well for the story:

The sketch I made of the Neo Glaug bis' Battroid form as it had no proper depiction in Macross: The Ride. 

NeoGlaugBattroid.jpg.04aeaf495b835df0e9f8dfef3d9cba5d.jpg

A (not really final) idea of how Jotun's cities will look; was greatly inspired by the bio-organic look of the cities from the Dominion Tank Police series.

MacrossEchoMacbethConcept.jpg.f01416054db8c0330dade36ffd434fd5.jpg

Posted (edited)

Gonna try to do some character sheets and sketches; starting with the main character himself:

MacrossEchoCaudiSheet1color.png.8fca69528383fcdda3f1fd88a17807a6.png

Caudi Wright 

Lineage: Zentradi-Human

Height: 5'7

A miclone pilot of the Ymir NUNS 6th Marine Batallion, he stands out as one of the several non-giant platoon members. Although as a reserve pilot, he has a job elsewhere regarding the industrial workings of Jotun; mostly in the Factory Island. Even though nowhere near being skilled as an ace pilot, he's a passionate soul about everything he puts his mind; to from working to fighting, and about his cultural origins as a Jotun Zentradi, even when it gets him in trouble. Pilots the VA-110 Neo Glaug bis.

Edited by TG Remix

MacrossEchoTieraSheet.png.f7d9c8fb1d5b5ac8827d917131e10299.png

Tiera 047

Lineage: Zentradi

Height: 6'1 (Approximately in giant size as well)

One of many cloned Meltradi from the Flem'Lolekka Squadron, a group that had separated from the Chlore Fleet and decided to settle in the Jotun colony. Contrary to those still ecstatic about culture, she's a cold and distant type who seems to think that Zentran is best at fighting, which is her reason for being a member of the 6th Marine Batallion. Ironically, this makes her an oddball to not only the social world of Jotun but even to her colleagues in the same platoon. Pilots the Queadluun-Rhea/40.

• 2 weeks later...

And here's the third member of the "love triangle" of sorts:

MacrossEchoVeraSheet1.png.9e524700af8c24e78ecd16e2650f2cc9.png

Vera Iijima

Lineage: Human

Height: 5'2

A girl who keeps most of her past a secret, even to her closest fans. Even though she was born on Earth, she moved to Jotun to live away from her birthplace. On the ship she was on, she met Caudi and helped him when pirates from the Ares Clan raided the ship, locking the friendship between the two. Afterward, she settled down to live a secluded life as a Macross Nald's worker, yet she finds herself more connected through the incidents in the Ymir Star System than she wished she'd been.

Edited by TG Remix