Need ideas for kit bashing and weathering

foundshaian

Hi, I'm new to MW and I'm not sure if this is the right way to ask for help and ideas. I'm relatively new to modeling as I've completed only one kit, a 1/144 super sylph. I recently was given two gundam models of the same scale being a cyclase's Schwalbe custom and a amx-004 qubeley, I am thinking of kit bashing these two and also attempting to increase the quality of detail but I don't know how to do effective weathering effects and I also don't really know how to mold and fit parts of different purposes together. I have an airbrush and can do decently with it. If anyone has tips or processes for increasing detail on models i would be greatful. Thanks

4 hours ago, foundshaian said:

Hi, I'm new to MW and I'm not sure if this is the right way to ask for help and ideas. I'm relatively new to modeling as I've completed only one kit, a 1/144 super sylph. I recently was given two gundam models of the same scale being a cyclase's Schwalbe custom and a amx-004 qubeley, I am thinking of kit bashing these two and also attempting to increase the quality of detail but I don't know how to do effective weathering effects and I also don't really know how to mold and fit parts of different purposes together. I have an airbrush and can do decently with it. If anyone has tips or processes for increasing detail on models i would be greatful. Thanks

I would refer to the workshop section. There’s a thread all about the basics 

5 hours ago, foundshaian said:

OK thanks big s, I don't know why I didn't just go there before making this post

If you have further questions feel free to ask. There really isn’t a definitive how to these days, but many of the folks here would be able to give further advice