Macross comparison

Avenger

I was just wondering how you think the UNSpacy of MII and M+ compare in the categories of tech and their government.

It seems to me that MII has a advantage to M+ in beam weapons and the earth seems to have healed a bit more ( even though they have ship cities ). M+ appears to have better avionics and a far better colony plan.

As for government, MII struck me as being more bureaucratic. That might just be the military though ( even though I would think that given their history the government and military are almost one in the same).

Honestly, I think M+ has better technology....the earth seems better defended and don't forget the YFs. In MII we only get to see Earth defended by capital ships and such...though the Metal Siren did have an awesome power to take out a capital ship all by itself. And no comment on the government.... Either way...Macross II still 0wnz!

...And I smell a flame brewing just cause II is mentioned...lol.

I buy into the whole "Macross II is outside of the continuity of Macross" argument. For the sake of argument, the world of Macross II doesn't seem to have grown all that much since the end of Space War I. I doubt they could bring the sheer amount of firepower the the UN Spacy of the main continuity has.

Edited by Duke Togo

Macross Plus era mecha seem to have far superior technology to the MacII world. That was one of my criticisms of Macross II, a story that takes place nearly 80 years after SWO yet there are more significant technological advances in the Macross Plus era, a mere 30 years after SWO (yes I know Macross II was released years before Macross Plus came around). The only major technological leap MacII mecha seem to have is that every Valkyrie is outfitted with a Strike Cannon, ala Roy's Strike Valkyrie from the 1984 film Macross: Do You Remember Love?.

The Macross Plus mecha have far more advanced cockpit controls (whether it's Virtual Enviroment Cockpit or the BDS system), they all use active stealth systems, they all use micro missiles, they have fighter-mounted pin point barriers, the have much more streamlined FAST packs, the 19's Heavy Weapons packs, the 21's wing morphing, etc. The list is extensive.

Comparing governments, the Mac Plus era seems to have way more colonies and much more impressive fleets. Earth's defense fleet alone covered nearly the entire planet in a shield of satellites, orbital guns, space cruisers, and destroyers. This isn't even mentioning the Macross itself and the Megaroad class ships, or the Battle 7-like fleets.

After a hundred years, the only significant development in firepower was the yeilding of the VF-2 and the Metal Siren.

And yet Plus in, what, twenty-seven years or so we have the VF-11 and up-and-comming YF designs with thier own Pinpoint barrier generators! That and there's been a massive amount of space colonization!

I think M+ has the advantage, where MII seems to have not gone anywhere in terms of interplanetary development. Most of the fleet appears to consist of defected/recovered Zjent. ships.

Edited by Boxer