It's TAX REFUND time!!!!!

91WhiskeyM6

Ack. Didn't see that. Thanks for the warning.

Back on topic: I'm going to buy the VF-1S Hikaru 1/48 and the Foker re-issue . . . and the rest goes to paying off a large portion of my credit card debt. :)

Edit: That puppy is adorable.

H

Edited by Hurin

I'm saving a majority of the refund for my trip to Otakon this year. I got most of the stuff I wanted, with the exception of the 1/48 armor packs. Which will wait.

I was thinking of getting the 1/48 1J Hikaru Super Valk, but I change my mind. It'll prolly be at Otakon.

REMINDER: No personal attacks, flames, religious, political....etc.

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...t=ST&f=20&t=142

This is your only warning. I haven't flexed my ban-muscle lately and I don't want to but if this thread continues the way it is I may have to PUMP! YOU UP!

You are too nice to these little girly men...

Thanks, me and my new Chocolate lab pup, Beans, totally appreciate all compliments as well as everyone staying as apolitical as possible and staying on topic.

I just wonder how cute he'll be when he's redecorating my floor with poo. :p

I don't know if I'm getting a refund. I think I should as I have a ton of things that I can deduct this year. If I get one I think I'm going to be boring and pay down some bills, but I may indulge in a 1/48 Hikaru VF-1S as I have my strike pack waiting for him.

As for the refund stuff...I've heard that the average worker has enough money withheld from his paycheck so that their income tax liability is paid for in May. So remember, they call it a REFUND for a reason.

As for the refund stuff...I've heard that the average worker has enough money withheld from his paycheck so that their income tax liability is paid for in May. So remember, they call it a REFUND for a reason.

Okay, I don't think this is overtly political. So I hope I'm allowed to say this:

I think you mis-read/heard that. What you are referring to (I believe) is the "Tax Freedom Day" celebrated by political conservatives and other low/anti-tax types.

It isn't that, by May, the average person has had enough deducted from their paychecks that they can pay their taxes. Rather, it is that, by a certain day in May, the average person has earned enough in total (without any deductions) to pay their taxes. Meaning, you take all the money you have earned over the first 4-5 months of the year. . . and that pays for your taxes for that year. From that point on, you're working for yourself. However, the point that conservatives are trying to make there is that, when local, state, federal, and consumption taxes are all considered, the average person spends the first 4-5 months of every year working for the government.

How true that is would be a political debate, and one that I won't engage in here.

And, if I'm told that I should have sent that via PM. . . well. . . that would allow the (IMHO) mis-information here to stand uncountered. And that wouldn't be very cool now, would it?

Anyways, with that cleared up. Can we let the whole nature of tax refunds thing drop? I'm sorry I brought it up. From now on, please just post what you would do with your tax refund and leave the politics out of it.

H

Edited by Hurin

Lucky folks! :) I don't think I've gotten a tax refund since shortly after graduating college. :unsure: As usual, I will wait until April 15 before begrudgingly mailing Uncle Sam the pound of flesh he gets from me yearly... :( (I really wish they were more things that could be counted as valid deductions..)