One quick question

Ok, I've been seeing alot of people complaining about a lot of OT threads in the science fiction and other anime section. The only reason why I feel that this is happening is because there's nowhere else to put them! I want to ask if it would be ok to add a Off topic section where we can just talk about whatever. Kevin has a section like this on his valkyrie-exchange forums and it seems to work out fine. I see a bunch of us like to talk about stuff that's waaay OT and it all ends up being in the science fiction section. I find myself posting OT stuff in there like wishing everybody a happy chinese new year. I feel that that could be in the OT section if there was one. What can I do to get this approved? Do I need to post up a poll or get people to sign some sort of petition? Please let me know. It would really help if there was a OT section. Thanx :)

Quick explanation - this is MacrossWorld, not RandomWorld. The mods don't want to have to deal with an off topic forum, because it requires alot more moderation than your normal forums (it works on VE.com because the user base is so small).

General forums lead to problems, and quickly become the focus of chat. The MW boards are here to talk about Macross, not Airsoft guns or your car. If you don't want to talk about Macross, there are plenty of other boards for you to post on. The Admins and Mods have kept this board focused, which s why it has done as well as it has. Its been asked a hundred times, and its been answered a hundren times. No, MW will not have a General forum.

I've always thought it would be nice to have an OT forum. I seriously doubt ppl will forget about Macross and only post OT crap. I mean...we all come here cause of Macross...and unless Macross all of a sudden becomes unpopular...I dunno...go figure?

Suggestion:

If you find another board that allows general discussion and is small enough, you can just put a link to a thread there in your sig. Let MWers go there and discuss whatever... I did this with VEX for a while before it fell apart.