displaying binaltechs with alternators

cube

Just a question for all the people out there that own the binaltech and alternator version of Smokescreen:

If you displayed them together (say BT version in car mode, and Alt version in Robot mode) would it look good, or would the BT one stand out too much from the Alt one to make it look like they were the same toy?

I always get 2 of each transformer to display in both modes, but really don't want to spend $100 for 2 of the BTs if I can just get one instead (or even just get 2 alternators if htey are close enough)

Thanks!

They actually look good together. I keep the BTs in car mode where they look the best and I pick up and transform the Alts once and a while. I'm amazed at the quality of the Alts. It's plastic but not cheap plastic.

True dat. I do the same thing with mine. Alternator in Bot, and BT in car mode. The plastic for the Alternator is the same quality as the plastic used in the BT, just more of it.

I haven't been able to come up with a good reason to get an Alternator yet, so I don't know.

You can play with it and don't have to wory about destroying the paint. For looks BT, for play Alternators. I am collecting both versions in this line.

All this destroying paint stuff is driving me over the edge. It is almost a cliche now and the single most often heard excuse.

Binaltech's DO NOT CHIP if you transform them gingerly. You don't have to put latex gloves on or anything. Just don't force the parts together. I am SUPER rough with my BT and transform him in under 30 seconds and I have no chips. That was only a problem on the first run batch.

The second run batch of Smokescreens corrected the problem areas that previously caused major chipping. The running bar and the hip connectors were masked off from the chrome and paint applique.

Edited by ComicKaze

I haven't been able to come up with a good reason to get an Alternator yet, so I don't know.

You can play with it and don't have to wory about destroying the paint. For looks BT, for play Alternators. I am collecting both versions in this line.

I've never once been worried about chipping the paint on my Smoky, nor do I feel like I have to treat it like a Faberge egg when I play with it. If anything it's probably MORE sturdy than the Hasbro version.

I can completely understand people choosing the Hasbro version because of the price, but if your like me and the price isn't an issue, then I can't see any reason to buy Hasbro's.

Like ComicKaze said, the whole paint-chipping thing has gotten out of hand. Some people blow small chips so out of proportion that it leads people to believe that they're going to get a toy with huge flakes of paint falling off everywhere and that the slightest touch will damage it somehow. After all the play that mine has got in the last two months there is still only a very tiny spot on the waist where some paint has come off, and to be quite honest I can't even say if it happened before or after I opened it.

Yea, for me price is the main factor. I'm trying to get out of the toy collecting biz (was spending way too much), so I want to spend as little as possible and still be happy with what I have. If I had the extra cash, I would definitely get 2 of each BT, but getting one BT, and then picking up an Alternator in TRU or Walmart or something will save a lot of cash.

Sounds like BT-car, Alt-bot is the way to go.

Thanks for the help!