More Masterpiece Transformers?

Godzilla

Speculation on my part as well (as I am sure on most here on this board) but looking at the covers MP-1 is Optimus Prime. Are we to assume there will more? If so, I know my wallet will throw up on me... 1/48 Yammies, takara releases, and now this? Not that I should complain but I better start hoping for a bigger raise. :rolleyes:

There had been speculation that the MP Convoy is not a one shot release. Granted that there is such thing as a MP line, will the toyline be limited to just Transformers, or will it be as diverse as Bandai's SOC line?

Also, to me, it's kind of hard to finalize another specific robot character/design that can be as commanding to the fans... not to mention confidence-inspiring enough to Takara in terms of ROI as Prime/Convoy, that it deserve such a superb toy treatment.

Prime was certainly a sure-win decision and it took Takara three years to birth him - in time for the TF's 20th anniversary. What other significant bot design/character will be celebrating it's anniversary? If we factor in all the time and cost it took to make a toy like that, it'll be a huge gamble if it ain't Prime but another bot imo.

Edited by Beware of Blast

what following? His reissue was one of the worst shelfwarmers after Ultra Magnus in Japan I think the next "Fan service" figure would probably be starscream

God Ginrai (Powermaster Optimus Prime) is the biggest shelf warmer of the reissues. I've yet to see a JP Ultra Magnus on sale on a retailer other than ebay.

I don't mine Rodimus Prime. but I rather have Galvatron since Megatron's possibilities are nil.