The Megaroad Class

Boxer

* No two ARMDs are alike.

You gotta be shitting me! NO two ARMDs are alike? What happens if one of them get fragged? They wouldnt be able to fix one with parts or armor plate that they had extra unless they had produced if for THAT particular vessel. If the stockpiles of spare parts goes up and the ship gets damaged its an expensive paper weight.

If the pics on the Macross II rpg book that covers the Macross are anything to go by, then the diffrences only seem cosmetic. Looking at ARMD-1 and 2 (the Macross's arms) the bridge is on opposite sides, but it's still the same bridge, and those things sticking out from the sides (manuvering thrusters? the main engines?) are shaped diffrently, 1's is taller, and 2's is wider, but I'm sure they share the gross majority of components.

At a quick glace the megaroad does have a resemblance to the SDF-1. The SDF-1 was also the demonstration model for having cities inside ships and the troops out to the sides. And the Megaroad is a massively scaled up version of that. So physically and functionally they do resemble the ARMDs. They're not separate ships however.

It does have a superficial resemblance when it comes to it's external apearance, however it is quite different internally. It is generally accepted that Macross city resided in the center and leg sections of the Macross, whereas in the Megaroad it is very obviously housed in bow of the ship. Even if the military sections of the ship are off to the sides (a perfecctly good supposition I admit) why woud they go through the trouble of putting on such redundant features like a bridge and reverse thrusters? Why would they paint it a different hull color with different markings?

• 1 month later...
* Windjammer/nanashi has not released any information the Megaroad. The ARMD entries he has made are by Chiba. That is his source. It is only semi-official, however, chiba, who was a one-time member of Studio Nue is a good enough source for me.

Masahiro Chiba was not a member of Studio Nue.

The ARMD doujinshi entries written by MAT (also known as the Macross Attack Team or "Multi-configulation Analysis Team") are not written by Chiba solely.

The Macross Attack Team doujinshi are not official or even semi-official -- the members had not done any official work when these doujinshi were written between 1982 and 1984.

Thanks to Bandai Visual and Shoji Kawamori, I was introduced to a former member of the Macross Attack Team four years ago. We have been keeping in regular contact, and he clarified the above two years ago. He emphasized that their opinions and speculations as fans are to be publically separated from later official work, with clear borders between the two. That is why their fan work do not agree with the official works (even ones they contributed to). By their own instructions, do not consider the former Macross Attack Team members' fan speculations as having any pretense of being semi-official or official.

* No two ARMDs are alike.

You gotta be shitting me! NO two ARMDs are alike? What happens if one of them get fragged? They wouldnt be able to fix one with parts or armor plate that they had extra unless they had produced if for THAT particular vessel. If the stockpiles of spare parts goes up and the ship gets damaged its an expensive paper weight.

No 2 ARMDs are alike and neithere are they built out of one piece

there is no need to make them similar

The Brittanic and Titanic were sisterships but weren't twins, I believe Brittanic was a few meters shorter -same goes for the "twin" towers btw)

Refitting can only go so far

spare parts?

You won't have modular systems that big, it's is no use replacing a hull, you just close up the hole

(and armorplating is armor plating)

there's no way to replace an entire engine without dismanteling a big part of an ARMD

I know on some ships (like they will need to do when going to mars, it's actually also in Macross) they manufacture their spare parts themselves

these aren't cars, it takes more time to build them, and during buildtime development of newer systems that are decided to be incorporated into the frame may need the designers to modify parts of it's basic blueprint

by the time it's launched there already new designs to incorporate other advancements in systems making the old frame obsolete

so you have to to choose between building alot of them and using them longer, no problem having spare parts then

or build a few and put the most recent technology at that moment into them

and don't have to worry about a stockpile of old stuff

• 1 month later...
I wouldn't take that ARMD Data as gospel chaps. As its not found anywhere but Nanashi's.

With regards to the Guanatanamo Class Stealth Carriers they are supposedly being replaced by the URaga Class Stealth Carriers by the time of M7. But both Guantanamo and Uraga Class Carriers can be seen out of the window and through the floor in Mac Plus Episode 1.  (Also orbiting Earth in 3 & 4.) If Guantanamo's are being phased out by 2040 they have got to have been around a while, probably 20 years byt he way that most Navies today work. So they are mostly likely from  a few years after Flashback 2012. Probably close to the end of the 2010's. Same theory seems to hold for the Bolognese Frigates. Although they aren't being replaced.

The information found on that page is unofficial. I did not over make it up.

As Egan has stated "Guantanamo" is not the class of the stealth ARMD Carriers of Macross 7.

And only a freaking Robotech fan would call the ARMD Space Carriers "ARMD Platforms" : P

Edited by Nanashi

[COLOR=red]Nanashi Posted on Apr 18 2004, 07:41 PM

QUOTE (Jester @ Jan 18 2004, 11:45 AM)

I wouldn't take that ARMD Data as gospel chaps. As its not found anywhere but Nanashi's.

With regards to the Guanatanamo Class Stealth Carriers they are supposedly being replaced by the URaga Class Stealth Carriers by the time of M7. But both Guantanamo and Uraga Class Carriers can be seen out of the window and through the floor in Mac Plus Episode 1. (Also orbiting Earth in 3 & 4.) If Guantanamo's are being phased out by 2040 they have got to have been around a while, probably 20 years byt he way that most Navies today work. So they are mostly likely from a few years after Flashback 2012. Probably close to the end of the 2010's. Same theory seems to hold for the Bolognese Frigates. Although they aren't being replaced.

The information found on that page is unofficial. I did not over make it up.

As Egan has stated "Guantanamo" is not the class of the stealth ARMD Carriers of

And only a freaking Robotech fan would call the ARMD Space Carriers "ARMD Platforms" : P

:lol::p:D:)