when is the new astroboy airing on wb?

I heard the new Astroboy is airing on WB this month.Anyone know when exactly.I saw the first episode at Anime North in Canada in May of 2002 when the head of Tezuka productions was there.It was dubbed for the review audience.I have to say I was impressed.I wish they would bring the old black and white ones to dvd.And what's up with the 80's version being just on vhs?Is Manga entertainment on crack or something?And I also would like to see Tezuka's Kama Sutra brought over here I bet that would be a hell of a read.I love his Buddha comic a heck of a lot.

I believe it's on Jan 17. The time I'm not sure. My little sister didn't seem impressed, comparing Astro Boy to MegaMan... forgive her naivety. I, however, was floored by what I saw. Very smooth animation. A number of things are going on, on the 17th.

....including that hackjob of the Rockman EXE anime... T_T

....but let's not go there... *sniffle*

Curse you, ShoPro!!!!!! T_T

Actually I did a review of this on the old MW board(May 27 2002,22:08). Astroboy was shown not at Anime North but a day after that convention at the JCCC( in collaboration w/AN). There was a showing of Tezuka's a bunch of other anime and an Astroboy memorabilia auction. I snagged the Astroboy swatch watch.

I'm still annoyed they didn't release Astroboy on his birthday in NA co-currently with the Jp Astroboy release. They obviously had a few episodes already dubbed.(and I agree, it was actually good!)

• 3 weeks later...