help w/ uploading pics

Is there a guide to uploading a picture into a message? I have tried numerous times to load pictures from my website and also right off my computer and they never work. I searched in the help section but nothing came up. I am tired of having to upload the pics to my website then linking to the page and having the bandwidth exceded.

Any help is appreciated.

To attach an image to a message, go to the File Attachments section of the post and click the Browse... button. The image will load to server and display at the bottom of your post.

Or... if the image is already posted somewhere on the web, you can use the IMG button at the top of posting area and enter the image's location (usually http://www.blahblah.com/something.jpg) and then you can post the image anywhere you want within the post. It'll show up wherever you put the tag.

If you're a new at this stuff, I'd reccommend using the first option to post your image. Just make sure it's not an enormous file or the mods will smack you around. Gently, though. :p

To attach an image to a message, go to the File Attachments section of the post and click the Browse... button. The image will load to server and display at the bottom of your post.

Or... if the image is already posted somewhere on the web, you can use the IMG button at the top of posting area and enter the image's location (usually http://www.blahblah.com/something.jpg) and then you can post the image anywhere you want within the post. It'll show up wherever you put the tag.

If you're a new at this stuff, I'd reccommend using the first option to post your image. Just make sure it's not an enormous file or the mods will smack you around. Gently, though. :p

I've tried both and neither work for me. Thats why I am asking for help, is there a trick I am missing here?

When I use the file attachment section, I select the picture (making sure its not too big first) and it seems like its ready to go, then when I preview the post, no pic at all.

When I use the IMG key,I type the URL, then I get a box with a red X and it just says user posted image.