Nice U.S. Saint Seiya 8" figure

mpchi

U.S. Bandai Saint Seiya figures

Just picked up the Seiya 8" from Target today. Good stuff. The figure is very well made. Articulations is very good, but really wished they had a ball joint on the neck & a double jointed elbow for better moving range. But other than that, the figure can still strike some dynamic poses, especially on the legs. Other than the chest armor & the helmet, which are both a little loose, all armor pieces snap on nice & tight, with no worries any of them will fall off. The shapes are overall very nicely sculpted too, without looking bulky or clunky like the old Seiya figures or plastic kit. Even the skirt is consist of 4 plastic chrome plates attached onto the rubbery waist belt with flexible tabs, allowing a bit more room for posing on the hip with the armor on. The helmet is the only piece that looks a little big (too wide) on frontal view. But the sculpt is very good nonetheless because it looks dead on like the anime on 3/4 view & side view. Its only because of the removable helmet aspect that limits its width, unlike in the anime where they always cheat on drawing the helmet much small than it really has to be. :) For collector perfectionists, there might be a couple things that sticks out more than they should, like the hinges on the side of the chest armor, the hinges on the back of the helmet, and the 2 big ball joint sticks that stick out on the back if you prefer to have the wings off (more anime accurate). But as an action figure & a toy, it really has a well balance of functionality & aesthetics which both a 5-year-old & a 25-year-old can appreciate. With its 8" height & beautiful shiney chrome armor, this thing really makes a nice presence on your toy shelf. And for only $14.99, this is definitely worth it! Great for budget Seiya collectors, or great action figure collectors in general. Can't wait the Sagitarius Seiya to come out! :D

I have only seen Seiya, Shiryu, & Ikki so far. While Seiya looks the best out of the three because of the better face sculpt, the other two looks very good too on the overall proportion. But the eyes on Shiryu doesn't look that hot, while the eyes of Ikki looks down right funny (looks like he's falling asleep). So when you are picking one up, try to pick one up in person and compare the paint jobs if possible. The eyes are the area that always go wrong :p

Edited by mpchi

If you think thats good... I would run a search for "Saint Seiya" at HLJ.

They have these new figures coming out, and they are awsome. I got the Seiya figure a few weeks ago, not only does it have the quality of a SOC and SIC figure, but it makes the old SS figures look like a pile of chunky crap. The production values are awsome, and the figure is extremely faithful to the anime. And guess what? The armor is made of metal, and the parts won't easily fall off (unlike the old figures). Not only that, but if you look at it from behind, it doesn't look like the character is naked (unlike the old figures).

Seiya is already out, Shiryu and Hyoga are coming out this month, and Shun and Ikki in the following month. Any Saint Seiya fan should pick one of those up.... highly recomended. :)

yah, I know about that too. that's why I mentioned so many things comin out...hehe. plus I haven't even gotten the Hades gold saints yet. its just that OG crap toy with big nastalgic value with a twist.

i've got two of the gold saints from the 80's...played with condition of course...but man, the oxidation on those guys are horrible! glad I got the black box reissue of those guys from a few years ago.

btw, have you guys heard any news on the Hades chapter? I watched to episode 13(i think) and there was no more. when's the next batch due out?