Zeon Chevron Markings

Anyone know what the progression is of the chevrons that go on the Zeon mobile suits?

I assume they are there to denote platoon leader etc, but cant find any resource online. The PG Zaku manual seems to make reference to them on page 11 of the instruction manual, but since it is in Kanji, I have no clue what it says.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Got a scan of the page?  I don't feel like digging for my PG Zaku manual.  :)

Yeah, here it is.

PG Manual Scan

I'm referring to the chevron marking, the HY2M Gouf manual makes reference to you being able to trim the stripes to show two or three etc, so I guess it is some sort of rank system.

Thanks for looking at it!

Edited by Mechamaniac

The kanji above the chevron markings only says "Rank Emblem". Doesn't tell you what the ranks are. There is a book that shows the insignia for different ranks of officers for both Fed and Zeon, but there are no established rank markings for MS. Only uniforms.

The Griffon emblem belongs to the Principality of Zeon Defense Platoon, basically their homeland security squad under Giren's command.

The yellow emblem belongs to the Mobile Assault Fleet, which is under Kishiria's command. You can see it on the Black Tri-Stars suits.

The kanji above the chevron markings only says "Rank Emblem". Doesn't tell you what the ranks are. There is a book that shows the insignia for different ranks of officers for both Fed and Zeon, but there are no established rank markings for MS. Only uniforms.

The Griffon emblem belongs to the Principality of Zeon Defense Platoon, basically their homeland security squad under Giren's command.

The yellow emblem belongs to the Mobile Assault Fleet, which is under Kishiria's command. You can see it on the Black Tri-Stars suits.

Great!

Thanks for the translation. I guess I'll just make it up since they don't appear to want to tell us <_ .>

Thanks for the translation. I guess I'll just make it up since they don't appear to want to tell us <_< .

You might be onto something though. If the same marking has been used on more than 1 product, chances are it may later be retconned into the canon as an established "fact" like many of the MSV suits and pilots, which were originally made up by fans but later marketed by Bandai.