Regult hip mechanism

werwulf

Hey all, new to the site and have a question about the Regult pod. I'm working on a 1/285 Regult and want to pose it doing a side kick. Anyone have ideas on how the mechanisms would work in the "actual" Regult? Thanks for any help.post-12931-0-43407300-1438742087_thumb.jpg

Edited by werwulf

Welcome Werwulf! The joints are pretty complex for something that small and designed that way. The hip pretty much rotates forward and back about 180 degress. The backward knees are double jointed, hinged top and bottom. The toe and foot pads rotate too. The lineart you included shows what your up against. It can be done, but it's tough. I built mine in 1/350th scale and the knees ha to be locked for strength:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=41133&hl=mechtech

Hope that helps you out. The old Imai 1/100 kit represents the joints pretty well if you have one. - MT

Looks like the only sideways articulation the "real thing" has is in that joint where the backwards knee is. It's labelled "rotation motor" in that posted image. You wouldn't get much of a kick with that arrangement though, more of a swinging karate chop with the lower leg, I'd call it.