Gundam VS Macross (a realistic comparison)

I realize this has been done a million times on the internet, and probably a thousand times on this forum. So If there is a current thread for this stop me and point me there.

Here goes...

So I'm a fan of both shows. And unlike the millions of times we've seen this, I'm not asking for a straight up who would win, that requires too many variables so I'll set some parameters first. Assume you're in the role of a Military Intelligence analyst, and you're putting together a comparative equipment profile, for a commander (This community is a rather technically minded one, so I know y'all can think this way).

1. The pilots of each machine are of similar skill and experience, and we'll assume both are not exceptional cases (i.e. not genius aces with preternatural ability). Lets assume that the pilots are professional soldiers with appropriate training and around 23-26 years of age (Angsty teens don't pilot jet fighters, not even in Japan. That's a professional soldier's job). So again we'll assume some realistic standards apply.

2. We'll assume a neutral universe. No Minovsky particle jamming, no elevated background radiation from antimatter warheads. Assume an earth class planet, with earth standard gravity, and nothing exceptional throwing off its gravity, or any debris fields orbiting the world. Just an earth class planetary system (1 planet, earth standard gravity, makeup, and atmospheric conditions, and 1 natural satellite).

3. Take all conditions into account, you have more in play than just space. Take it to atmo, and to the ground. Assume we're fighting on earth, take topography into account. Assume the landscape is contemporary, that is 21st century. Assume cities are devoid of inhabitants, to allow you to explore full damage potentials for weapons, and so you don't place any artificial constraints on efficacy (worrying about collateral damage).

4. I want technical analysis. Compare the hardware, we don't need full technical specifications. Just your analysis of those specs, to support your position. All Gundam designs must be Production designs from the Universal Century (No Gundam Wing "hero mechs", or G Gundam "Ultimate Fighter Mechs"). All Macross designs must be Production designs from the main continuity (e.g. Macross II doesn't count). No "Hero Customs" will be considered. Keep it to production types only. Limited production does count, as in the RX-79[G], and VF-19/22/25.

Now that's out of the way. Everybody ready?

Go.