Farewell to Tenderness (Piano Version)

HannouHeiki

So here I am, plugging romaji into my personal SDFM subtitle scripts, and I notice in the last episode Minmay sings lines that are slightly different from the OST version of Farewell to Tenderness and the widely distributed lyrics.

Can anyone give me a hand at figuring out the romaji for the three lines that she sings at the end of the show!? I don't know enough japanese to make out unfamiliar words...all I was able to get on my own was "dakara shibaraku sayonara." It took me over 20 minutes to learn "shibaraku," just by typing it out phonetically and punching it into google.

In my subtitle update I even went through the trouble of getting romaji for "Kiyoshi kono yoru," so it would totally bug me if I couldn't get these last 3 lines!

Edited by OptimusX

Okay, I took a stab at this and it took me about an hour for this, but this is what I got:

Atarimae mita no ne, anata no yasashisa ni
Kagaya ite ni nari, itsuno hita
Dakara shirabuku sayonara

Hopefully someone can grammar check this for me?

Edited by OptimusX

Hi, yeah, I know the track you're talking about, but I haven't watched the final episode in forever. I'll put it in again later and let you know.

If you really want to tear out more of your hair, then you can watch the Max/Millia wedding episode and try to work out what the alternate lyrics for "Runner" are in that one. :p

Fortunately I found a spanish script with the romaji for the wedding "Runner" version ^.^ And kudos to Animeigo for the English.

Regarding Farewell's piano version, I took a video of that bit in SDFM so I could post it in case someone didn't have time to dig out discs...I'll go upload.

Edited by OptimusX

Here is a link so you don't have to pull out your discs. I liked paying attention to these details on my latest SDFM watch thru.

If you try to look at things from the eyes of a 20 something crafting this show, there is a lot of care put into certain visuals or dialog.

In this instance, the lyrics seem tailored specifically for the characters in this final scene.

Edited by OptimusX

I think it's actually "kagayaitemitai, itsu no hi ka", which means, "I want to try to shine someday", because "kagayaitte ni nari" doesn't mean anything. :)

Apart from that, I agree with no3ljm's romanization.

Edited by Renato

• 3 weeks later...