Help - Need help on painting a 1/72 vf-25f Kit

Viiof

So I recently got a vf-25f kit from someone, but I already have one, so I decided that I was going to do a custom paint job on it, but I needed help with knowing exactly what I need to do. Was trying to go for a matte look, like on the Yamato 1/60 figures

Once you get your paint and decals done nice and clean, you can play with the texture of your matte clear coat. If you apply it up close to the surface it'll give you a semi-gloss look. If you pull back then the particles will dry mid air and give you a rougher texture. It also depends on the temperature and humidity. But once you get the technique down, it's easy to match that Yamato paint surface.

post-151-0-65995700-1400021950_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

So I'm having a frustrating time with the paints. They rub off too easily, feels that way even after I've used clear coat. Maybe I'm getting too antsy with wanting to continue on the model?

Rub off, how? I doubt it's by hand so I'll just assume it's the rubbing between surfaces. For that, your best bet would be to sand down one side of the surface so that there's less contact between both surfaces and hence stop the rubbing off. Yes, even a clear coat won't help you much with that if the surfaces are just rubbing too close to one another.