1/48 Vf needs help...

Kinzoku VF

Well, I've been a lurker now for ages...And finally decided to join!

Anyway..my 1st post is about a common (or so I think) issue with some of the Yamatos 1/48. I got a used VF-1S (Hikaru, Fire box) the other day.

After fiddling with it for a bit, I took off the super parts and noticed a crack on one of the 2 tabs that holds the tail/backwings.

To cut a long story short...very short in fact!! I ended up breaking the entire part clean!! So now the tail of the VF is loose.

I've tried to fix it,(I don't want to use glue as it will never stand the pressure) by attempting build a new attachment piece, but I cannot seem to make it happen...

Anybody managed to sort that specific issue? And if yes how? (aside from buying another one...)

Anyone with a junk-VF that has that part? Don't know what to do..

Any advice would be appreciated :mellow:

P.S: not sure if that thread is in the right place....m(_ _)m

Ok...my bad..it probably would've been better in 'The workshop'..sorry..m(_ _);m

It's not really a QC issue as much as user error. People keep trying to snap that little tab passed the point it's suppose to go thinking it's a lock, but it's not. It's suppose to keep the backpack from going any further. Out of all the 1/48s I have that's never been an issue. The issue with the first release were the loose nosecones and wingflaps. Fixed by the time the Max was released.

wasn't there a replacement parts junker thread somewhere here? or someone was recasting it (though not sure if a resin version would be strong enough)? I need that fixed on mine too.