Valkyrie Model Comparison

Neova

While looking at my Hasegawa VF-1S Valkyrie and Imai Legioss today, I noticed how nice the Imai kit was for being almost 20 years old.

Has anyone here also owned same scale valkyrie kits and compared the quality between manufacturers? I love the detail of Hasegawas and may want to pickup an Imai variable or Bandai 1/72 to compare and use as a basis to make the Hasegawa a variable kit since both of those brands are relatively cheap(er) due to the availability of them, especially the Bandai re-issues.

I should mention comparing Battroids but quality is quality in any case.

Edited by Neova

Both are nice. but the Hase's are way better than the Imai ones. I say save your money and just work off the Hase. The Imai transformation sucks. You have to remove parts, and replace some with others. Not worth it. I'll post a link to a site that has a variable Hase. I believe it is one of the members here. Sorry, I forgot who built it. If the owner of this variable is here, please make yourself known. It is one bad ass cutsom. I wish I had the skill to fabricate parts. Anyway here is the link. Click here.

Both are nice. but the Hase's are way better than the Imai ones. I say save your money and just work off the Hase. The Imai transformation sucks. You have to remove parts, and replace some with others. Not worth it. I'll post a link to a site that has a variable Hase. I believe it is one of the members here. Sorry, I forgot who built it. If the owner of this variable is here, please make yourself known. It is one bad ass cutsom. I wish I had the skill to fabricate parts. Anyway here is the link. Click here.

That custom is one of the most incredible things I've ever seen! Yamato needs this guy.

The valk in question is mine....I still get a bit excited knowing people still remember and talk about :D If you want to check out all of my works, go to the home page in my sig. Anyway, to add the original topic, having built both, the only redeeming feature of the old kits(IMO) is the fact that they transform. And sure they may have been great kits back in the day, but Hasegawa's simply blow them away now. As for using the the oldies to make a transformable Hase...you might as well just start from scratch...the two kits are so diffenerent when it comes to proportions and details that they simply aren't compatible.

Jarrod