Questions about adding nail polish to a ball joint.

Gakken85

I have a Masterpiece grimlock.

dino_close-up.jpg

Excellent figure, but the little dino arms are notoriously loose. They actually hold poses fine, but rotating them just feels... loose?

So I had some questions about adding nail polish.

1. What kind should I buy? Which brands are least damaging. Obviously I should buy clear nail polish, yes?

2. How do I apply it? What's the best tool to use?

3. How much and where? Should I just put a layer on one side, or cover as much as I can?

Any tips or help would be fantastic.

Thanks guys.

Edited by Gakken85

I've used nailpolish on plastic before and had it come off with wear. Is that arm metal like it looks? If so, you might be able to clean the metal off of any greases or oils and coat the ball. Let it cure for a few hours and snap it in. If it works alright now, but is loose, the polish should work if completely encircling the ball. If it doen't work, chip it off with s strong piece of plastic like a kitchen utensil. Let us know how it goes. - MT

The arm is plastic, but the claws are metal. Its weird. it's loose when you move it.. but it sits tight in whatever pose. I think it came that way.

Idk Ive never taken a MP apart before so I might just leave it for now.