About Yamato 1/48 in general...

Phren

(Hi, new guy to the boards)

Well, what else are they going to do? What about the 1/60 Macross Plus toys they put out? Will there ever be any 1/48 counterparts for them? I'd really love a 1/48 VF-11B, or at least a 19....

...yeah, a 19 with fast packs and the fold generator...

Welcome to Macross World!

This question has come up many times. Just browse back in the Toys forum or do a search.

The short answer is:

(a) Nobody knows outside of Yamato, and they'll publicly commit to is a 1/60 Destroid Monster and a pair of 1/60 Queadluun-Raus (Millia version and standard Meltran version).

(b) If they did any of the M+ Valks in 1/48, they'd be huge. Also, while the Yamato VF-11 toys are somewhere around 1/60 scale, the Yamato VF-19 and VF-21 are 1/72 scale.

Thanks for the help!

:huh: I didn't realize that there was such a size difference between Macross and Macross Plus. So then, are the 1/72 scale toys, then, the "ulitmate" in Mplus? What do any of you who own them think of them? I just ordered a VF-11B with FP from V-E the other day and wanted to know what you thought of them. I looked at a few revievw of them for when they came out, but I wanted an opinion from someone who has had them awhile...

Edited by Phren

Well, the sculpt does recieve a lot of criticism, however, I personally like the 11B Fast Pack. The tail fins, ARE an issue, although I fixed them with cardboard templates provided on the Valkyrie Factory site. Other than that, it's pretty sturdy (ESPECIALLY considering the first 11B.....) and quite attractive in fighter mode with the armor attached...

I love the damn thing, Yamato fixed or severely lessened the defaults the original VF-11B had. I've had no problems with the hips on my FP release....

My main complaint is the FP attachement method for the boosters... I keep thinking I'll break the tabs on them when I take them off.

Okay I searched back and found that I might be setting myself up for some angst. :blink:

1/72 - 1/60 - 1/48...Damn the scale, then! -I just want a bigger VF-11!

weather that be 1/48 or 1/54.2846739278, I don't care...

A 1/48 VF-11 would be about the same size as the VF-1 in battroid, and just a few centimeters longer in fighter mode... ;)

I mean imagine a VF-11 with the amount of detail that the VF-1 got! A VF-11 with working airbreaks and flaps. The possibility for a smoother transformation since Yamato's gotten experience in producing valkyries since the original M+ valks were released. The "skeleton hands" on the VF-1 would look alright on the VF-11.

Oh man, just thinking of all the things they could do with a 1/48 VF-11... :D:D:D