Marketing Fan Film Looking for Graphic Artist

Roy Focker

Last year I was working on making a short (non-Macross*) fan film. My funds were limited so I ended up making an even shorter prologue for

the longer short I really would liked to make. When editing is complete on this prologue I plan trying my luck on Kickstarter to see if we can raise enough funds. On kickstarter you usually offer some incentives for your backers. I've been brain storming several ideas and one of them is exclusive merchandise. Things like official t-shirts only 50 of them will be made and that sort of thing.

What brings me here is that I'll need to find a graphic artist who can create a logo. Not asking for any one to work for free but I'll make it clear right now there isn't too much money. What I like to do is offer a deferred payment arrangement. Where I pay for some of the work now but the majority of the payment comes from a successful Kickstarter.

If interested send me a PM with examples of your work, background and rates.

*Right now I'm not publicly disclosing the nature of the project. I will in private discussions. As a crowd funded project I want to use any possible buzz surrounding it to the maximum potential. I don't want to have people interested in it but no place for them to actually crowd fund it.

I wish it was Macross based but I decided against it for two reasons.

#1. Cost vs Interest. Production costs are naturally gonna be higher and Macross is too narrow in appeal to raise enough funding to do it right. Not that it couldn't be done. There are plenty of scenes in Macross that just involve two characters talking in a single room. Problem is I think people would rather see mecha flying around over two characters talking about their relationship.

#2. Lack of Appropriate Talent. I want to cast the right people for the parts. To do Macross right you'll need to have the right Asian actors. While I do have access to an Asian community not everyone is an Actor or a Model. I'd be essential limiting myself to only a dozen or so actors to choose from. Even if I did find a few winners out of that dozen people do move and stuff trying to replace them would be hard. Ironically a third of my cast and crew are Asian.