Crazy fan question!

MichaelS

Ok as the title say crazy question has there ever been a united campaign (as in lead by a group ie:macrossworld or the like) that has collect names and/or email address to sent to all those in involved in macross(can also be south cross,Mospeada), about letting them know we are here (outside japan) and wanting macross and the others? Thanks for listening to a crazy fan!! :ph34r::wub:

Edited by MichaelS

The people involved are well aware of the popularity of Macross imo.

Several people on this board as well as myself have told them so on at least one occasion if not multiple times (Kawamori, Mikimoto, Miyatake from SDFM, Fukuyama and Kajiura from M7, etc)

i also dont imagine they would appreciate getting spammed by emails/letters (not to mention that they wouldn't be able to actually read them) but thats just my opinion.

Of course, then theres things like Kawamori not wanting to do the same sort of thing over and over, Miyatake being semi-retired, etc. Given the current boom in popularity, more Macross is a given at this point. Whether the fans outside of Japan import it or current anime trends suit what they want are totally different matters though...

Edited by Tochiro

I am talking about a more unified approach like collecting names and giving them to those that can bring macross out of japan not a mass spam event. Something that might give them a better idea of the fan base and the income the can make by producing such things, might help reduce the fear of losing money in the endeavor.

Had an epefiny the SDFM series back when they (adv and the other company sorry can't remember) got people to sign up and commit to payment and if they have enough people they would release the cleaned up show maybe something like that.