Yellow Submarine 1/144 VF-1

vt102

Here are some pics of my build I did years ago. I had a whole build thread, but I guess it was lost once they upgraded the forum boards. I tried to check in the old section, but it didnt go far back enough. I bought the kit from HLJ way back when, but didnt want to build it. Then another member here was selling one that didnt have a box and was missing the vacuum formed canopy, so I bought it and built that one. It was my first time working with resin. I think it came out ok. Anyway... onto the pictures.

Box:

med_gallery_60_566_11165.jpg

Base Parts:

med_gallery_60_566_106083.jpg

Fighter:

med_gallery_60_566_154773.jpg

Base built:

med_gallery_60_566_87922.jpg

Artsy shot:

med_gallery_60_566_119410.jpg

Edited by vt102

Just grabbed this kit myself last time I was in Tokyo! The VF-4 from this line was my first try at resin, too. Left it with a friend of mine before I moved to Japan, though. Just managed to score the VF-17 through Valk009, looking for the other ones if anyone is interested in selling.

Neat build! Btw, did the kit come with the pilot or was it your own sculpt/sourced elsewhere? I have the normal VF-1S Strike version, as opposed to the VF-1X Digital kit (same just without the launch base) and I think mine does not come with the pilot.

Yes, the kit comes with a 4" pilot figure. I did not build it though. If you are talking about the pilot in the cockpit, I got him from the Imai valkyrie 4 type kit along with the canopy, since it was missing on the kit I bought used from the member here.

Edited by vt102

Btw, did the kit come with the pilot or was it your own sculpt/sourced elsewhere?

Just checked my kit, and yes it comes with a pilot. Sculpted already sitting in the seat.

• 5 weeks later...