Azumanga Daioh

areaseven

According to Anime on DVD, ADV Films has apparently confirmed the English voice cast of the highly acclaimed anime series Azumanga Daioh. Dub haters, you may want to grab your pitchforks for this:

- Jessica Boone (Misaki in Angelic Layer, Arumi in Magical Shopping District Abenobashi) as Chiyo Mihama

- Kira Vincent-Davis (Najica Blitz Tactics, Quon in RahXephon) as Ayumu "Osaka" Kasuga

- Christine M. Auten (Priss in Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo 2040, Marvel in Aura Battler Dunbine) as Sakaki

- Mandy Clark (Mawata in Pretear, Mishima in RahXephon) as Tomo Takino

- Nancy Novotny as Koyomi Mizuhara

- Allison Sumrall (A.I. in Full Metal Panic!, Rinna Charat in Panyo Panyo Di Gi Charat) as Kagura

- Luci Christian (Kaname in Full Metal Panic!, Dejiko in Panyo Panyo Di Gi Charat) as Yukari Tanizaki

- Monica Rial (Haruka in RahXephon, Kirika in NOIR) as Minamo "Nyamo" Kurosawa

- Tiffany Grant (Asuka in Neon Genesis Evangelion, Gema in Panyo Panyo Di Gi Charat) as Kaorin

- Andy McAvin (Jean-Jacques in Spriggan, Icchan in Angelic Layer) as Kimura

- Hilary Haag (Karinka in Steel Angel Kurumi, Teletha in Full Metal Panic!) as Chihiro

I agree. They're basically going to end up substituting English jokes in for everything that doesn't translate well or requires an explanation. With this show, that means they're replacing a lot of the material and it almost makes me wonder why they don't just make their own show from scratch if they're going to put that much work into this just for a dub. Of couse, making a new show would require talent, something the frakktards at ADV sorely lack.

Glad I imported this show...

Why would dub-haters grab pitchforks? They'll never listen to it anyway. It could be Erik Estrada and Bea Arthur as VAs and they wouldn't know! :p

Repeat after me "I do not care how other people choose to watch their anime. I don't have to listen to dubs thanks to the miracle of DVD."

• 4 weeks later...