VOLKS Orient Hero Series - Info Wanted

DarrinG

I know this is ancient and its unlikely I will get the details I seek, but -

Does anyone have a list of what kits this series included?

I see Devilman and Godzilla and Galient sometimes on eBay - I'm mostly interested in the Panzer World OVA designs that were done and what all mechs they sculpted.

I believe this is where WAVE got their 'non-scale' scale for their newer Panzer World WHAM and resin figs. I have more details on why I think that if anyone cares... (criskets chirp)...

Google image search for ボークスオリエントヒーローシリーズ

Probably about the best you're going to get. Looks like they did a lot of stuff. And, I believe the Orient Hero series has been discontinued now.

As EXO said, doesn't look like they did anything Macross related.

Google image search for ボークスオリエントヒーローシリーズ

Probably about the best you're going to get. Looks like they did a lot of stuff. And, I believe the Orient Hero series has been discontinued now.

As EXO said, doesn't look like they did anything Macross related.

This helped a lot actually. I can see here in the images that they did do the Snake God Warrior Guy.

I really believe this is the scale or sculpt that WAVE used for their current Panzer World Stuff - shown here...

I tried to add what I thought was the right Japanese text to that link for Panzer World Galient or Crest of Iron but I don't think I got it and crazy stuff came up.

If you can provide Volks Orient Hero Series Galient maybe that would get even more results?

post-8486-0-38037700-1328889271.jpeg

post-8486-0-05537400-1328889304_thumb.jpg

Edited by DarrinG

Probably this threads last post, but let me TRY to simply state the reason for my interest in the Volks OHS.

I love the Panzer World OVA mech designs. My first purchase was the Wave WHAM red main mecha a few years ago.

post-8486-0-98747300-1329232155.jpg

Its by far my favorite collectable, a true masterpiece. They run about $500 now.

So looking around eBay and Yahoo Japan I'd often see older resin kits from that OVA, the centaur guys and a few others.

post-8486-0-01593300-1329232252_thumb.jpg

Most were either Max Factory vinyl kits or a line of 1/72 kits from Kotobukiya. I never took the plunge and picked one up.

THEN - on evilbay I see a recast of the red centaur figure from a seller in Korea. I questioned the seller and something interesting came up.

He said this is not the same as the Max Factory sculpt, its actually from a famous sculpter who also worked on the VOLKS Orient Hero Series and FFS very high end resin kits way back in the day.

post-8486-0-15424800-1329232472_thumb.jpg

I bought it and was amazed to see that the scale was exactly the same as the Wave WHAM figure. The hands were virtually identical. Its BEAUTIFUL, I mean the detail is stunning. Its certainly not a cheaper vinyl kit.

SO - I thought huh, maybe Wave was inspired by this sculpter and that's what they based their 'non-scale' Galient line on, which includes some simply spectacular mecha designs. Some are picture here, the Snake God guy, silver Wingal flyer type guy and commander blue centaur.

post-8486-0-24426200-1329232761_thumb.jpg

Eventually I found this pic online with the Wave Galient, box pictured in the back right next to the red centaur - it must be this kit I just bought! Right? Same scale?

post-8486-0-82488100-1329232841_thumb.jpg

Then recently I saw this - the standard centaur and I believe it even has the signature on the front on the box from that famous sculpter and I circled it here.

post-8486-0-37840800-1329232871_thumb.jpg

That got me thinking what other designs might that sculpter have done from Panzer World, which brings us to where this thread is today... (phew, not sure anyone cares...)

• 2 years later...

Still looking for these 2 VERY OLD kits.

They only came up once in about 4 or 5 years on Yahoo.

Does anyone know of a vintage resin kit shop in Japan I could e-mail these pics to?

AND - if you're Japanese, can you please type the names of the kits in Japanese so I have them to search under?

post-8486-0-76806500-1401988548_thumb.jpg post-8486-0-12106800-1401988559_thumb.jpg

post-8486-0-54346400-1401988571_thumb.jpg post-8486-0-60772800-1401988583_thumb.jpg

Edited by DarrinG

• 4 years later...