1/3000 SDF-1 Macross Unpainted Kit

arrow

It comes molded in three different colors. Gray, Blue, Beige and Clear. For the most part you do not need cement as it is a toy and is held together with screws. However, that being said, most people who have bought the kit have received kits with missing screws (myself included). So, I had to glue mine in a few instances where I was either missing a screw or in an area where I knew I wouldn't need to get at it again.

If you're buying the kit to save a few bucks on the completed toy....DON'T!

It requires extensive assembly. If you're familiar with PG Gundam kits then this won't be a surprise to you, but you will have to apply decals to the ARMD platforms etc. Also, the level of fine surface details on the kit is ASTONISHING. So, if you get one, and build it up without at least panel lining it, you've committed a crime against the kit. That being said, all I did was do some oil and acrylic washes on mine, and apply the decals and I think it looks great.

So, in short, if you think you can buy the kit and save a few bucks buy building it yourself, don't do it. If you want to build it up and detail the hell out of it, or just panel line it etc., it's all for you.