Tracking topics WITHOUT getting email?

Is there a way to track topics (mark them so they show up in my control panel) without having MW send me email whenever a new post is made?

Even better, is there a way to do this with the autotrack feature (where topics are automatically tracked when I post to them)?

TIA!

I'd like to add a similar request for received message E-mails

I check MW once (or 100's of times) a day

The MSG-center will inform me the moment I log on, I don't need to be reminded

on my E-mail account

(maybe deleting my E-mailadress from my Controlcenter would stop it, but I'd like to keep the possibility open for members to e-mail me)

Am I missing something?

These are the options I see:

Send a confirmation email when I receive a new private message

Enabling this option will send an email confirmation of any new private messages sent to you.

Enable 'Email Notification' by default?

Enabling this option will automatically subscribe you to any topic you start or reply to.

The first refers to PM's. If I turn it off, will it also disable subscription notifications?

The second is the autosubscribe feature I mentioned in my first post to this topic. I like that feature, and in any case I don't think it matters whether I subscribe through autosubscribe or manually--either way, i get email.

Am I missing something?

These are the options I see:

Send a confirmation email when I receive a new private message

Enabling this option will send an email confirmation of any new private messages sent to you.

Enable 'Email Notification' by default?

Enabling this option will automatically subscribe you to any topic you start or reply to.

The first refers to PM's. If I turn it off, will it also disable subscription notifications?

The second is the autosubscribe feature I mentioned in my first post to this topic. I like that feature, and in any case I don't think it matters whether I subscribe through autosubscribe or manually--either way, i get email.

Sorry, ewilen, I was just referring to NightBat's problem. :(