Spiral War Redesign Thread

Knight26

Wow it has been a while since I updated this, need to get back on this now that I have finished the book rewrite. If you are interested head on over to the facebook page and leave a comment or two. I will start back onto the designs soon now that the writing is done and I get into the editting process, assuming my laptop lets me.

• 2 months later...

Man I can't believe I didn't post this at all before. This is S-5000 redesign. I am not 100% satisfied with it, I'm not sure why, and think I may scrap it and start new. I really don't like how the engine block came out, especially the intake and retros. What I think I might do is this. Scrap everything but wings and the cockpit pod, but even that I will redo. Raise the pit up, and extend it forward. Then toss out even the torpedo pack and redesign it, slimming the whole profile for a slightly longer bird. THoughts?

post-341-0-62337800-1359915014_thumb.png

post-341-0-75140700-1359915044_thumb.png

post-341-0-07890500-1359915052_thumb.png

post-341-0-61337600-1359915058_thumb.png

post-341-0-52502200-1359915074_thumb.png

Well I didn't like how it looked in the end, so I redid the forward fusealge and cockpit area, bubbling the cockpit a bit more and giving it some natural rear visibility. But now I face a dilemma. I cut in the torpedo tubes last night. They looks fine, but now I have a problem with the ramscoop/intake/thermal vents and the retros. I just can't figure out a design for them that I like, and that works together well. So I may go with pop out reverse thrusters that emerge from the dorsal and ventral surfaces, thoughts? I did a little paint work this morning to show what I am thinking of doing. The black and grey bits are the scoop/thermal vents, and the straight red are the potential pop up rev thruster locations, and octoganal black/red bits are where I am thinking of putting in permanent reverse thrusters based on the manuvering thrusters.

If I go with the reverse thrusters I may relocate the external hardpoint for the long range missile as well, to put another one there.

post-341-105225_thumb.png

post-341-105288_thumb.png

Edited by Knight26

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for lack of updates, but here is the finished S-5000 redesign. I ended up taking off the canards so that I could get in proper retro thrusters.

So here is the finished Firehawk in multiple plummages.

I still need to retexture two of the guns, but that shouldn't take too long.

In the image I show how turning off/on various layers of the texture changes the look.

Left most: All layers on. Next: Dirt Layer Off. Third over Base Layer Off, Dirt On. Right Most: Base and Dirt Layers off.

Ugh the new uploader and I have issues here are more images in other markings

post-341-139345_thumb.png

post-341-139395_thumb.png

post-341-35131_thumb.png

Edited by Knight26