Just wondering how would you guys imagine a Macross game for android??

akt_m

Just wondering how would you guys imagine a Macross game for cellphones using android?? If ever made... ahem...

I mean, there aren't real buttons, just maybe virtual joypad, but still they would suck.

And still what would be better, a shooter with a side vision, or upper vision???

I was thinking something at the lines of area 88 for snes, choosing missions, buying planes...

If you ask me, "are you going to do a macross game for android???"

Well maybe i will try. But i still don't know how to do one, something for years to come. haha!

There's a game called Falcon Gunner for the iPhone (probably also android) that uses the phone's accellerometer to gauge where you're facing/tilting, etc. It basically is used to allow you to swivel around in your chair, like the gunnery turrets in the Millennium Falcon and say things out loud like, "Great shot! Don't get cocky, kid." I can imagine a macross game that used the motion sensor attributes of the phone in a similar way. I always feel like the action in macross is fast and furious and three dimensional, and this could really be a great way to capture that sense of 360 degree insanity.

• 3 weeks later...

I think the best you could do for android would be some kind of turn based strategy game.

Anything more arcadey would be better suited to something with physical controls.

I liked you idea, also turn based strategy would be easier to do.

By any chance does anyone knows what all those SRWA stats means???