I got a Takatoku cheap!

super_quincy

How did you confirm this was a Takatoku? Taka's usually have underneath that make it easier to identify than by the kana.

It looks to be in okay condition, missing most of it's decals though, antenna aren't broken, that's a good thing.

I can't really comment on the value of unboxed Takas. A big chunk of their value was eaten up by the Bandai reissues and all the new Macross toys that have come out from Yamato have also sucked up most of the market for these.

I personally have a Taka VF-1J and in the past, they could go from $150-$300.

How did you confirm this was a Takatoku? Taka's usually have underneath that make it easier to identify than by the kana.

Oh yeah I see the "tt" now, I bought it only guessing that it was a Taka, it obviously wasn`t a Bandai (no black band around the nose and top intake panels not black either - I already have a very knackered Taka and a Bandai to compare) and definately not a Joons, as the backpack sits properly in plane mode!

I`m a Macross detective ! :lol:

Edited by super_quincy

How did you confirm this was a Takatoku? Taka's usually have <T.T.> underneath that make it easier to identify than by the kana.

Oh yeah I see the "tt" now, I bought it only guessing that it was a Taka, it obviously wasn`t a Bandai (no black band around the nose and top intake panels not black either - I already have a very knackered Taka and a Bandai to compare) and definately not a Joons, as the backpack sits properly in plane mode!

I`m a Macross detective ! :lol:

In the U.K. it could have very easily been the frequently overlooked Matsushiro. ;)

Yes, it could be a Matsushiro. That might be even be more likely than a Takatoku in the U.K. But without the box, you might not be able to tell. If there's any physical difference at all between a Takatoku and a Matsushiro, it's probably the color of the triggers for the landing gear. Compare those and see. Supposedly Matsushiro = black and Takatoku = grey, but that might not apply to all Takatokus. There's a long review on Masterforce, and I also posted a summary with other info a while back--not sure if it's on the current forums or just in the archives.

Yes, the Matsushiro has the logo and is apparently identical to a Takatoku in all the writing. The sticker sheet is also identical down the to pilot's name. The box is slightly redesigned (mainly to get rid of all the Macross stuff), and the instructions are similarly changed. (The owner of a set of 1/55 Matsushiro instructions graciously scanned them for me, since my Matsushiro didn't have them.)

Unfortunately, I don't have a Takatoku to compare to, to see for sure if there is a difference in the plastic or anything else.

My earlier notes on the Matsushiro are in this thread.