WWII style Macross

Random-Demandom

Hey guys and gals,

I am going to model a 3d version of a WWII plane macross style.

its a what if the macross crashed during WWII. so I am looking for artwork

or concept people have done to help get ideas. I am probably going with the

P-51 mustang as my plane. it will be modified, just like the f-14 was.

any pics or links to pics will help thanks

Interesting that you bring this up because I had my brother sketch out a variable Supermarine Spitfire about a week ago. I wanted to see how it looked for a possible story in the future... We may work on that design some more this weekend.

The problem is you'll have to deal with the single tail. It's difficult to turn those kinds of designs into battroids with legs, but it's been done before. You just have to be kinda creative. I may go for the design concept used in the YF-21, where the engine stays on the back and the legs are not the engine nacelles.

I feel like I saw a bunch of WWII Valk designs a while ago. Like, a LONG while ago, but a few google searches came up blank. Interesting. I think this would a really fun alternate kinda thing. Like those Steam Engine Transformers designs which I actually dug.

MMM! I was thinking Macross this afternoon while watching 4 P51's flying over my house in formation. Not sure where they were going but it's probably scoping out the lie of the land for the Goodwood Revival a big vintage car festival we have coming up next month just up the road from me.

Im thinking SF3D crossed with Macross and WWII would be uber cool.

Edited by big F

If it's a single tail that's the stumbling block, go with the P-38 Lightning. Double points to as it's the technical namesake of the VF-4. There's also the P-61 Black Widow and the Twin Mustang, both lesser known designs.

Personally, I'd love to see some bomber designs or WWII styling on Macross Valks (actual nose art and markings instead of those full body monstrosities).

Edited by Mercurial Morpheus