yamato 1/48 version 2???

tank

and the entire canopy/nosecone module along with it.

the underline of the 1/60v.II has a very gentle, subtle curvature,which,

IMO, is perfection itself, and far preferable the 1/48's radically exaggerated one...

I think that the 1/48 nails the lineart better when it comes to the nose section. But sure the 1/60 looks more atractive.

I feel the 1/60 v2 is the best looking toy of the VF-1 all-around, to date. It just looks the most "right" so far. If only it were as simple as up-sizing the design to create larger scaled versions...

This may belong in another thread, but I have a question/request: anybody got pics of their 1/48 Yammies next to other warbirds/jets of the same scale for comparison? I know the VF-1 would be roughly the same size as an AV-8B Harrier or F-16 Falcon (kinda in-between), but just for some visual reference, perhaps?

Some personal thoughts:

Size does matter to me.

Looks nice a Hi-Metal may, it just can't beat the proper size of a 1/60.

Adequate the size of a 1/60 may be, the size of a 1/48 VF-1 with SSP still impresses me.

No matter how I hate the DX VF-25, I am still pleased by its size.

And the longer canopy of the 1/48 (and also the Hi-Metal) makes its fighter mode look better than the 1/60 as a plane. 1/60 compromises, thus it gets a better battroid mode.

I regard the size for the 1/60 VF-0/19/21/22/25 is good for a toy. I like to pose my 1/48 VF-1S and 1/60 VF-0S together, and they don't look out of place at all.

And I too agree, the 1/48 line is done. Although if they release a new 1/48 v2 line, I'll probably collect everyone of them. But it would be bad idea and bad business for Yamato.

They should get the other models done. The VF-17, VF-19 and VF-4. In a few years, the VF-25.