Question about Yamato 1/60 VF-1 Weathering versions

GianS

Hello

It's been awhile admittedly since I kept an eye out on Yamato VF-1 news. Especially what has been happening in the 1/60 range.

I do own a few VF-1's in 1/60 scale... unfortunately all of them seems to be the versions with shoulder issues... Although I don't transform them often if at all.

I just saw.. yes very late... that Yamate released a few weathering version which I think looks great.

My questions are:

Do the VF-1S and VF-1J Weathering versions have the shoulder issues as well? Is there or are they planning a release of the Weathering version including the GBP-1 armor (as I am also looking for the GPB-1 armor). I looked at the NOOB thread and links to the reviews but saw no mention of the weathering versions there.

The VF-1's I have are:

YMT00078 VF-1S Valkyrie Roy Focker

YMT00090 VF-1J Hikaru Ichijo

VF-1D (initial release)

VF-1A Hikaru Ichijo

Premubly most above have the shoulder issues.

Anyway, I am hoping to pick up the Weathered version of the VF-1S and J and some GPB-1 armor...

Your feedback is most welcome.

Thanks,

Gian

Isn't the 1/60 V2 Hikaru VF-1J a magazine exclusive? I'm pretty sure it was and I'm pretty sure it does have shoulder problems (although no one handles the weathering versions so probably nobody has seen one break). The VF-1S Focker V2 1/60 weathered is a newer release (I think) so it should be fine. No word on a Hikaru+GBP weathering toy but it'd be pretty cool and it seems like the weatherings are a good way for Yamato to make some scratch.

Hi Jenius

Thanks for the reply. I ended up biting the bullet and got the Fokker VF-1S weathering version from HLJ and got the VF-1J from Ebay...

That is my Macross budget spent for awhile... oh and got the GBP-1 Armor set seperately from Ebay as well.

Cheers,

G