Can You replace the SV-51's Wing Hinges?

GU-11

Yeah, I got Yamato'ed again.

To keep a long story short, the SV-51 Nora type I bought from HLJ came with a busted left wing hinge right out of the box (the left hinge split apart, and the right one has stress marks on it). I emailed HLJ and attached photos. They replied, saying they'll contact Yamato, who will probably send replacement parts.

The thing is, the hinge doesn't look like it can be easily taken apart--at least not without replacing a huge chunk of the torso. The hinge seems to be connected as a single piece to the torso itself, and the underside looks really complicated. I know next to nothing about the mechanics of the SV-51 toy, and have no idea how the thing works.

If anyone here has tinkered around with his SV-51 before (as in taking it apart), I'd really appreciate it if you could verify if the hinge can actually be replaced, what parts I might need to fully replace the hinges (I'd like to specifically tell HLJ what parts to get for me, in case Yamato leaves out a couple of important components--redundant, I know, but you can never bee too careful), and how to actually go about this procedure.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by GU-11

To Cent:

I remember Macross Fanboy saying something about the availability of replacement parts from Yamato playing a part (no pun intended) in how fast you get your replacements sent to you.

In my case, the guy that handled my complaint (a Japanese guy, I recall) about the VF-1D replied only once, and refused to reply any further requests for an update on the situation. I emailed him after waiting over a week for an update, but nada. After the third unanswered email, I contacted HLJ directly at trouble@hlj.com instead of using the guy's personal email address. Another guy took over, and the parts were shipped the next day.

Maybe you should try emailing the main address (trouble@hlj.com) again and ask for an update. There's a possibility another, more cooperative, guy might take over.

Um.... :huh:

It's too bad that as much as we pay for these toys that we have some of the imperfections affiliated with these releases...but as long as they get fixed in the end, I guess all is well.

Heheh, me and my weird sense of humor. I thought of making a pun out of getting burned by a defective figure, but...bleh, stupid joke.

Anyways, as long as Yamato's VF designs are the best in the market, they know they can get away with QC issues, if they send us replacement parts for us to fix it ourselves.