Request for VF-1 Detail

Doktor Gonzo

Hey gang,

Just a shot in the dark, but would anybody happen to have any detailed images (or even screencaps) of the panels which unfold from the under-side of the vf-1's chest plate upon transformation to battroid mode to close off the "chest box"? These close off the side and bottom gaps, and if I recall have thruster banks mounted on them.

Thanks!

Damn, I've never seen this thread. I was able to model these to fill the void up to the shoulder hinges. I'll have to poste some cutaways or wireframes to show you my take. I remember seing an episode where they "fanned" open and a burst of thrust came out, like a venier. So I made the lower half able to "fan in a similar fasion when not closed. I'll try and find the screencap. Check the recent valk in the CG thread, you can see them closed. It's hard to tell which panels are which since none are textured yet.

HA! Found it. The screen cap is kinda hard to read. The left upper portion is a side shot from the lower right of the battroid panels we are talking about. The right side, I'm assuming, is the cockpit activity that got the panels to pop open and create the thrust (not shown in this cap). Hope this helps and not confuses.

post-5-1069781271.jpg

HA! Found it. The screen cap is kinda hard to read. The left upper portion is a side shot from the lower right of the battroid panels we are talking about. The right side, I'm assuming, is the cockpit activity that got the panels to pop open and create the thrust (not shown in this cap). Hope this helps and not confuses.

Helps a lot Az, although it does give me more work to do. Thanks! So you actually modeled the verniers and cover, eh? Well, you know I could never let you out-detail me..... ;) What did you work out as far as stowage/deployment of these? Are yours deployed from the chest plate, the cockpit underside, or the backplate, and how/when do they pop out?

Mine unfolds from directly under the intake on the chestplate. It is hinged to the chesplate itself. I'll try to post an animated gif or vid of it deploying and try to get you that ep number. It's really early in the series, before the 5th episode if I remember. I'll find out.

BTW, as far as detail goes, you should see how I have my backpack hinged to the chesplate, it deploys with an actuator. I'll post some renders in the CG thread later.

Edited by Aztek

BTW, as far as detail goes, you should see how I have my backpack hinged to the chesplate, it deploys with an actuator. I'll post some renders in the CG thread later.

Damn, yours too eh? You must've hit the same snag with the hasegawa proportions I did. in order to get the pack low enough in battroid and flat/level in GERWALK, mine deploys on a double armature. actually, the trapezoidal section of the dorsal surface that the backpack connects to slides rearwards at the end of these double arms, then rotates 45 degrees up. Then the backpack rotates the remaining 270 degrees. I dunno if this makes any sense, but...