question about the 1/72 VF-25 deculture version

onions22

Hello, I'm hoping someone here can help me. I wanted to buy a few 1/72 macross frontier model kits and I was wondering if the special deculture ranka and klan versions of the VF-25 include the original decals as well. The truth is I don't like the special decals but I'd consider buying these because of availability and the cost is almost the same.

Also, does anyone know if there are any improvements (such as better joints or sculpt) or differences between the regular kit and the newer special one other than the obvious decal sheet?

Thanks in advance.

I am no expert but never heard of deculture edition models being the same price as a regular one. If you don't like the special decals (I don't), why bother? just get the normal version! Truth is I don't know if both decals are included in the deculture package but my guess is they don't.

What I do know is that the actual parts for the models are identical.

Hello, I'm hoping someone here can help me. I wanted to buy a few 1/72 macross frontier model kits and I was wondering if the special deculture ranka and klan versions of the VF-25 include the original decals as well. The truth is I don't like the special decals but I'd consider buying these because of availability and the cost is almost the same.

Also, does anyone know if there are any improvements (such as better joints or sculpt) or differences between the regular kit and the newer special one other than the obvious decal sheet?

Thanks in advance.

I bought the Ranka Deculture VF-25F a few months back and if I recall correctly it does not come with the original decals (at work atm so I can't just take a look). The kit looks to be identical to the regular VF-25F, except the red "mohawk" part of the head is molded in green plastic.

EDIT: Got home and checked the box. You only get the Deculture decals.

Edited by Lolicon

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks a lot for your replies guys. Since the price of the deculture version is a little higher, I though it would include some improvements or a few extra parts. It's a bit disappointing to know that they're exactly the same as the regular version.