Yellow Submarine 1/144 - SDR-04 Phalanx Mk XII -

RogueTrooper

4452277080_05ed781c46.jpg

My first resin kit the Yellow Submarine 1/144 scale SDR-04 Phalanx Mk XII which is almost finished if only i could make decals. Printing the homemade decal is fine, what i have a problem with is creating what i want on the computer due to lack of any sort of draw program.

Still the Plalanx looks fine with out the the big M's on the missile tubes, though to me it will only be finished once there applyed.

Anyone know of 1/144 decals have ever been produced? got plenty from the chara-works valks.

Decided to make a little dio of the destriod as if it being postioned ready for some sort of daedalus attack. Kind of coping a the picture scenes in the DYRL? game for the PS1.

4452144766_e02e57cf91.jpg

4451477681_a275d40345.jpg

4451290151_0026b5dc70.jpg

I brush painted this one, only got an airbrush a month ago which im loving.

3617876478_c8953d485d_o.jpg

3477759938_bc8d2ef2d4_o.jpg

Got the other 3 destriods to build, going to make the spartan next in a dio like Hikaru jumping into it ready to tackle the pesky zentradi. Got to track down the yellow sube VF-4, though i doubt i'll have much luck findng that one.

I just checked my yellow sub Phalanx kit, and yea, it's missing the M decals... I never noticed that. That's pretty shitty.

I also checked Wave's Macross decal sets. They had a lot of decals that the resin kits of the era didn't include. But no Ms there either :(

Wow, that is really nice, and very inspiring - especially the brush-only paint work!

I've got the 1/144 Defender and DYRL Nosjadeul-Ger and plans to make a diorama at some point.

I have a decal for the 1/144 blue Matchbox Phalanx toy's missile hatch, and the decals for the Takatoku Conversion Destroid set. I could scan them and perhaps you could use them to make some sort of frisket or whatnot.

Cheers, I reckon my kits are re-cast so that why there lacking decals.

Wow, that is really nice, and very inspiring - especially the brush-only paint work!

I've got the 1/144 Defender and DYRL Nosjadeul-Ger and plans to make a diorama at some point.

I have a decal for the 1/144 blue Matchbox Phalanx toy's missile hatch, and the decals for the Takatoku Conversion Destroid set. I could scan them and perhaps you could use them to make some sort of frisket or whatnot.

If you could do that it would be ruddy awesome, ive tried to buy stuff of ebay to do just that but with no luck.

Check your PMs, RogueTrooper! ^_^

I also checked my original edition Yellow Sub Defender, and it doesn't have decals and doesn't seem to indicate that it ever had any. Admittedly, I'm not the first owner, but the instructions don't seem to note any decals and the person I bought it from didn't say it had any or not.

Edited by AcroRay

Check your PMs, RogueTrooper! ^_^

I also checked my original edition Yellow Sub Defender, and it doesn't have decals and doesn't seem to indicate that it ever had any. Admittedly, I'm not the first owner, but the instructions don't seem to note any decals and the person I bought it from didn't say it had any or not.

I got all the original destroids from yellow submarine. Not all the variants have the decal. I checked and found out that the spartan, tomahawk and the monster all have the decals. May be they don't includ it in all the variants.

Looks great. I almsot bought those and went with that for my Daedalus. You can get everything in 1/144 (non-Macross), but 1/200, NOooo!

Just make some of your own decals. At least they're black. Then again, great chance for some custom "nose" art! - MT