Macross Music

vsim

This is from a thread that Jasonc and I started elsewhere and decided to move it here instead :rolleyes: .

We were discussing guitar chords etc. for Macross music.

I know Angel Voice is a basic chord progression that's common in quite a few songs. the verse chords I know are C, G, Am, F...but you gotta keep your 4th finger (pinkie) on the high E string, 3rd fret (G) throughout the chord changes. That's the "twang" you'll hear in the song. I don't remember off hand the exact chords for the rest, but it's pretty easy to figure out.

For Planet dance, it's more of a blues/rock chord progression in B Here's part of what I have for that.

Verse

B A E B

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------4----2-------------4-----2-------------------------------------------------------------------9-----7---------------9---7-------------------------------4----2-----------4---2--------

-----------------4----2-------------4-----2--3--4-----------------4---2-----4---2---3--4------------------9-----7---------------9---7----8---9---------------------4----2-----------4---2---3--4---

----2----2-------------------2---------------------------0---0----0---0-----0----0-----------------7---7---------------7--7--7------------------------------2----2---------------2-----------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then, the chorus part

G#m E C# F

That's the most of the song. There's some fills and stuff, but it's quite easy. I'd tab out part of the guitar solo, but most of it is just soloing around the verse chords, lots of hammer-ons and pull-offs.

Yeah, Angel voice is

C9+5 x32033 or x3x033 not sure which one I like better yet.

G5 320033

Am7? x02013

Fsus9 xx3013

And a Dsus4 shows up in there very briefly a few times xx0233, usually just before "Angel Voice" is sung.

For "Angel Voice", I was playing it as such:

C x32013 G 320013 Am x02213 F xx3213

pre-chorus

G Am F Em G then back to the original

For "Light the Light"

----------------15--(15)----------------------------------------------------------

-----15------------------------15-----------------------------------------------

-----------17------------------------17-----------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------17---(17)-----------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm pretty sure the chorus is in power chords of F G Em F, F G Am, F G Em F, D G C

There's more too it, but I'm without my guitar as of now, so I don't remember the bridge

For DYRL, you can transcribe the notes up or down, I usually play it in A, as we had a girl who could sing it in D, so I'll go with that.

(going off memory) You can play this strumming the chords, picking, and I usually play it with full bar chards to get a wider range of notes

Intro:

E A E A B E

Verse:

D E C#m F#m D E A 2x

Pre-chorus:

Fm F#m Fm F#m D# D C# B

Chorus:

A D Bm E (A few times) D A

Bridge:

F#m D F#m D

That's it for now. Stay tuned for Macross opening theme, and Totsugeki Love Heart (sp?) I've got other anime too, if anyone is interested.

Yeah, we're pretty close on Angel Voice.

C9+5 x32033

G5 320033

Am7 x02013

Fsus9 xx3013

Dsus4 xx0233

C-G-A-F

pre-chorus:

G-A-F-C-G

chorus:

C-A-F-G-A-D-G

I haven't attempted planet dance out yet, would have to get out the electric. It's in the Fire Bomber Band Score, although the tabs are near impossible to read they put the numbers in such a tiny font, lol. One of these days I'll write them up in a huge font so I can actually read it :D.

Okay, you convinced me it was finally time to get rid of my scribbled notes for Remember 16 and write them out somewhat, this isn't everything, but it's most of it.

The original was played with the capo on the 2nd fret...I, however, can't sing the high notes on that fret yet, so I usually remove the capo when I sing :).

REMEMBER 16 (Acoustic)

Lyrics:

Composition:

Arrangement:

Vocals: Yoshiki Fukuyama <Basara Nekki>

---

Sing-a-long Romanised

Sing-a-long-ised by Rik Newman

Romanised by Koji Kiyokawa

http://www.macross.co.uk/77077/

---

Tab - Jason

---

Capo: 2nd Fret

Intro

E -------2-3-2-0s0-0-3-------3-2-----------------------------------------

B -------3-3-3-1-3-1-1-0-----1-1-----------------------------------------

G -------0-0-0-0-0-0-0---0---2-2-----------------------------------------

D -----0-------2-4-2-0-----0-0-0-----------------------------------------

A ---2-------3-----3-2---------------------------------------------------

E -0-----------------3---------------------------------------------------

D/F# = 200232

C/G = 332010

G Em (g,b,a)

Kokoni kuru-to omoidasu

D C (see note A)

mada yume bakarimi te-i-ta-korowo

G Em

Hoshikara tana-a biku-kazega

D C

ore wo kino-o eto sara-ateku

Bm CM7+5 x32003

[REMEMBER] Hade-na-bruru-uno-sora

Bm Em7+3? 022033

[sIXTEEN] Egao wo utsusu kimi

C F D

Futari deegitasen-unen-usaki no mirai-i

C G Em D/F# C b,a,g

Mada wasureta wake jyanai-un-daze, ano tokino yakuso-ku-wo

F Em Am7 Bm C D/F# G

Onaji-tsuyosadeo naji supi-do-de, imamo tochi-lu REMEMBER SIXTEEN

Bass run back to intro again

G Em

Su-kuri-un-ni shizumuyu-uhi

D C

sayonara to-te wo-fu-uta kimiwa

G Em

AMMONAI-TE-no sasaya-kini

D C

biruno sukimani kiete yuku

Bm CM7+5 x32003

[REMEMBER] Moeru kusano-ni-oi-i

Bm Em7+3? 022033

[sIXTEEN] Hajime te-no KISU

C F D

Futari de kiita kaminari-noyo na-kodo-oh

C G Em D/F# C b,a,g

Mada nakushita-wake jya-nai-un-daze, hitamukina ano ai-iwo

F Em Am7 Bm C D/F# G

Ochikon datokiwa kokorono naakade, itsumo omou REMEMBER SIXTEEN

E -2-------2--2-2-0-------0-2-------------0-0-0-0-------------------------

B -0-------0--0-0-0-----0-----0-----------0-0-0-0-------------------------

G -2-----2----2-2-2---0---------0-------0---------------------------------

D -1---1------------2-------0-----0---2-----------------------------------

A -2-2------------------------------4-------------------------------------

E ------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hokori darakeno gini ro-no GITA-

C G

Nan-domo-nan-udomo

Em Bm

yumewa kana-u-to

Am C/G Dsus4,D

naki nagara sake-unda-hibi!

C G Em D/F# C b,a,g

Mada wasureta wake jyanai-un-daze, ano tokino yakuso-ku-wo

F Em Am7 Bm C D/F#

Onaji-tsuyosadeo naji supi-do-de, imano yumeno tochi-lu

C G Em D/F# C b,a,g

Mada nakushita-wake jya-nai-un-daze, hitamukina ano ai-iwo

F Em Am7 Bm C D/F# F C

Ochikon datokiwa kokorono naakade, itsumo omo-i dasu-o

Outro

E ---------------------3--------------------------------------------------

B ---------------------0--------------------------------------------------

G -------0-----0-------0--------------------------------------------------

D -----0---0h2-------0-0--------------------------------------------------

A ---2-----------0h2---2--------------------------------------------------

E -3-------------------3--------------------------------------------------

Note A:

E -0-0-0-----0-----0-----

B -1-3-1-----1-----1-----

G -0-0-0-----0-----0-----

D -2-2-2-0h2-------0-----

A -3-3-3-------0h2-------

E -----------------------

Awesome!!! Thanks for Remember 16. I have a Martin Acoustic that's been itching to get played, and I haven't really broken it in yet. Gotta get a capo tomorrow and I'll give it a shot. I'll try to put more up soon when I get some time and get my guitar out.

Awesome!!! Thanks for Remember 16. I have a Martin Acoustic that's been itching to get played, and I haven't really broken it in yet. Gotta get a capo tomorrow and I'll give it a shot. I'll try to put more up soon when I get some time and get my guitar out.

I play it on my Martin D18 Golden Era, sounds fantastic :). It's not an exact match to the original, some of the little fills aren't in the version I wrote up because I haven't figured them all out yet. I should say my guitar instructor hasn't, he figures most of it out for me, lol.

I play it on my Martin D18 Golden Era, sounds fantastic . It's not an exact match to the original, some of the little fills aren't in the version I wrote up because I haven't figured them all out yet. I should say my guitar instructor hasn't, he figures most of it out for me, lol.

Speaking of guitar lessons, I've always wanted to take some. I never had guitar lessons. I'm self taught. I've been at a point where I can clean up my own style, but getting technically better probably could use either instruction, or something like that. Finding a good instructor helps too, as there are way too many around. Gotta weed them out. What type of electric do you have? I have a Gibson Les Paul Studio, but will be getting a PRS later this year. Just don't have the $3200 to spend right now, unfortunately.

Speaking of guitar lessons, I've always wanted to take some. I never had guitar lessons. I'm self taught. I've been at a point where I can clean up my own style, but getting technically better probably could use either instruction, or something like that. Finding a good instructor helps too, as there are way too many around. Gotta weed them out. What type of electric do you have? I have a Gibson Les Paul Studio, but will be getting a PRS later this year. Just don't have the $3200 to spend right now, unfortunately.

lol, Gibson Les Paul Standard. I like your taste in guitars :D

Just out of curiosity, did you tryout the Planet Dance tab yet? It's a lot harder to write these out than to play them. Sometimes I leave stuff out.

Nope, sorry, I hadn't had time yet, I've been too busy practicing singing on Angel Voice, lol. I'll see if I have time this weekend, life has been very busy this week. :)

That and I just got my 3 music books from Amazon.co.jp:

http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E3%83%90%E3%83%B3...104&sr=1-12

http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E3%83%90%E3%83%B3...876&sr=1-62

http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E3%83%9E%E3%82%AF...616&sr=1-43

I take it those are done in musical notation, or is it tablature? If so, I may have to get them.

Both, except the All Macross song book, it's mostly lyrics and just the melodies.

The Macross 7 one has pretty much what the old band score book had in it, plus some. And this time, the tabs can be READ! I'm not sure if you ever saw the old bandscore book for Macross 7, but I needed a magnifying glass to read the fret numbers on the tab, lol.

The Macross F one looks to be mostly piano, synth, etc. Just flipping through it, I don't remember as many guitar parts.

Here's Animetal's version of the SDF:Macross theme:

Verse:

G D# G F G D# D A

-------------------------------------------------]-----------------------------------------------]----------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------]-----------------------------------------------]-----------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------]----------------------- -8----8/10-8---------]-----------------------------8----8----8-----7-----------------------

-------------------------------------------------]----5-----5/7-5--------8--------------(2x)--]------5-----3----5\---------8----8----8-----7--------7----7---7-------------------

---5-5-5-5-5-----6--6-----5-5-5-5-5--(2x)--]-----5-------------------6-------------------- ]------5-----3----5\---------6----6----6----5---------7----7---7------------------

-------------------------------------------------]----3----------------------------------------- ]------3-----1----3\------------------------------------5----5---5--------------

G G# G F G D# D A D G F G

-------------------------------]-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------]----------

-------------------------------]-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------]--------

-------------------------------]--------------------8-----8--8------7-------------7------------------------------------------------------]------------

---5---5---6------------------]-----5---3---5-----8----8---8------7------7-----7-------5----3----5-----------------------------------]--------------------

---5---5---6------5(A.H.)----]-----5---3---5-----6----6---6------5------7-----5-------5----3----5-----------------------------------]--------------

---3---3---4------------------]-----3---1---3------------------------------5-------------3----1----3-----3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3--]--------------------

G F D# D# D C A# A G F

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------]-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------]------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

----12----10----8-------------------------8-----7-----5------------------------]-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

----12----10----8-------------------------8-----7-----5------------------------]----8-----------------7-------------------------5--------------------3------------------------

----10----8-----6----6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6---6-----5-----3---3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3---]----8-----------------7-------------------------5--------------------3----------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------]----6--6-6-6-6-6-6--5---5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5----3---3-3-3-3-3-3---1---1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1------------

D# D G D G D# D C A D G F A# A G C

---------------------------------------------------]-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------]-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

----8-------------------7---7-----------7--------]----8------------------7------------------5----2----7---7--7---------------------------------------------5------

----8-------------------7---7----5-----7----5---]----8------------------7------------------5----2----7---7--7------5-----3-------8--8----7---7----5----5------------------

----6---6-6-6-6-6-6---5---5----5-----5----5---]----6--6-6-6-6-6-6--5--5-5-5-5-5-5---3----0----5---5--5------5-----3-------8--8----7---7----5----3---3-3-3-3-3-3-3---------------------

----------------------------------3-----------3---]---------------------------------------------------------------------3-----1-------6--6----5---5----3---------

D# D F G F D# D D A D

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---8--------------------7-------------------10--10--10---10--10--10-------12----10----8-------8---7---5----------------------------7-----------------------------

---8--------------------7-------------------10--10--10---10--10--10-------12----10----8-------8---7---5-----7---7--7---7---7-----7------------------------------------

---6---6-6-6-6-6-6----5--5-5-5-5-5-5---8----8----8----8---8----8--------10----8-----6-------6---5---3-----7---7--7---7---7-----5-------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------5---5--5---5---5-----------

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------5--------------5----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

----5-------5-------5-----5--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

----5-------3-------5-----3-----5-5-5-5-5--6--6--5-5-5-5-5-------5-5-5-5-5--6--6--5-5-5-5-5-----------------------------------------------------------------------

----3---------------3------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There's some fills and stuff towards the end, and probably more or less of the palm muting for single notes, but that's the basic of it.